Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2007 5:43:51 PM EDT
Just wondering who sells the 37mm for my Bushy M4 That looks like the M203? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Cobray is one of many....

- Clint
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Do they function just like the M203?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Do they function just like the M203?

Yes

- Clint
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks. Who is the better mfg. and who do i stay away from?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone have the info on the 37mm launcher that attaches to the picatinny rail system.  37mm.com doesn't offer that much clarity on it.

Thanks...
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:30:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I want one that actually looks more like an M203. These look close but they have the cocking handle and a different trigger guard, which wouldn't be correct for a 203. Anyone know where to get one of those?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#7]
On a real M203 you open the barrel, put in a round, close it and that's what cocks it.  On a 37mm you have to pull that little charging handle to cock it.  Ammo for 37mm are kind of cheap junk.  I usually load my own smoke.  

The big ammo in the picture are some of my home made smoke bombs.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#8]
LMT makes a real M203! LINK

You can also buy the receivers and barrels and make your own... I saw an add for the receivers on www.ohiorapidfire.com in the Shotgun News. LINK

I got the Cobray from the EE recently. I've always wanted one and always said if I could find a decent one for around $200 I would get it, and I did! I guess I could always register it as a DD and shoot marbles or BB out of it for fun later. But for right now I'm gonna mount it under my kid's Oly M4gery and walk around in my house in my underwear screaming "Say hello to my little friend...."

- Clint
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
On a real M203 you open the barrel, put in a round, close it and that's what cocks it.  On a 37mm you have to pull that little charging handle to cock it.  Ammo for 37mm are kind of cheap junk.  I usually load my own smoke.  

The big ammo in the picture are some of my home made smoke bombs.
i89.photobucket.com/albums/k209/amx_03/100_0441.jpg

Do you have a tutorial on how to roll your own smoke bombs?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Anyone have the info on the 37mm launcher that attaches to the picatinny rail system.  37mm.com doesn't offer that much clarity on it.

Thanks...

LMT makes a 40mm rail maounted launcher. Not sure about the 37mm option - CLICK HERE

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Thanks...

Supposedly there is a kit out there that you can get directly from Cobray... All they are is glorified scope mounts that have been chopped down and tapped so they can be bolted to the rail in some form or fashion. I have a set that came with the 37MM launcher that I've got. Give me a minute I'll post a pic!

- Clint
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#12]
O.K. I don't have all the pieces to completely do this but I will show you what I have to give you an idea of what you'll need!

First here's a pic of the launcher and the rail with the modified scope mounts. All I need are 2 pieces to bolt the scope mounts to, that will sit in the groove of the launcher. There are take down pins that would go through those to secure the thing to the rail....

Next here's a closer pic of the modified mounts, you'll notice that the holes seem to be too far to one side. I don't know why it was done that way but when I start this project I'm sure I'll have to replace these and redrill the holes more centered!

Here's a mock up of where the mounts will sit....

And here's how it will look on a rail...

I don't know if this will actually work. Like I said this is what I got with the launcher. It seems to me that I would need a little more support, maybe a total of 4 of these mounts... I guess we'll see!

- Clint

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I there one that shots shotgun shells? I guess you would need a stamp for that huh?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#14]
LMT wont sell any jerk off of the street a M203 and if you make your own you are M203 you are looking at some jail time.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:11:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
LMT makes a real M203! LINK

You can also buy the receivers and barrels and make your own... I saw an add for the receivers on www.ohiorapidfire.com in the Shotgun News. LINK

I got the Cobray from the EE recently. I've always wanted one and always said if I could find a decent one for around $200 I would get it, and I did! I guess I could always register it as a DD and shoot marbles or BB out of it for fun later. But for right now I'm gonna mount it under my kid's Oly M4gery and walk around in my house in my underwear screaming "Say hello to my little friend...."

- Clint

do NOT do this if you value your hands.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:12:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
LMT wont sell any jerk off of the street a M203 and if you make your own you are M203 you are looking at some jail time.

actually they will, on a Form 4

ETA" My launcher

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA" My launcher

www.gaernin.net/~enigma/Launcher001-Medium.jpg

Im a LMT dealer and unless something has changed they werent selling them to customers even with a form 4.  I would love to have one myself.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA" My launcher

Im a LMT dealer and unless something has changed they werent selling them to customers even with a form 4.  I would love to have one myself.

I personally know at least half a dozen people who own LMT launchers all on Form 4s  2 of which were acquired in the last 2 years.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I usually load my own smoke.  

Sorry if I misled you.  I don't make the smoke part of the round.  I go to fireworks stores and buy the 5 minute smoke bombs they sell, cut them down a little and glue them into a case.

If you just wanted my recipe, it's 30 grains of Hodgdon triple seven.  I hacksaw about 1.5" off the end of the smoke bomb (not the fuse end but the other end), take a lid from a 35mm film can and poke a little hole in it so the fuse to the smoke bomb can get lit when you fire it.  Glue the film can lid to the smoke bomb so it acts as a wad and keeps you from blowing out the guts of the smoke.  Then I wrap a little masking tape around the smoke untill it starts to fit tight into the 37mm case.  Once your there, put a little Elmers glue on the masking tape and glue it into the case.

You also have to wrap masking tape around the front of the smoke so that it fits snug in the tube.  Now that I think about it, making these things are a pain in the a$$.  You might be better off just buying the crappy smoke bombs Firequest sells.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Lots of good info thanks.

Also, Would the 37mm work on a 11.5 barrel? If not whats the shortest it will work on?

Chickrepelent- What brand is that one in the pic?

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:21:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I usually load my own smoke.  

Sorry if I misled you.  I don't make the smoke part of the round.  I go to fireworks stores and buy the 5 minute smoke bombs they sell, cut them down a little and glue them into a case.

If you just wanted my recipe, it's 30 grains of Hodgdon triple seven.  I hacksaw about 1.5" off the end of the smoke bomb (not the fuse end but the other end), take a lid from a 35mm film can and poke a little hole in it so the fuse to the smoke bomb can get lit when you fire it.  Glue the film can lid to the smoke bomb so it acts as a wad and keeps you from blowing out the guts of the smoke.  Then I wrap a little masking tape around the smoke untill it starts to fit tight into the 37mm case.  Once your there, put a little Elmers glue on the masking tape and glue it into the case.

You also have to wrap masking tape around the front of the smoke so that it fits snug in the tube.  Now that I think about it, making these things are a pain in the a$$.  You might be better off just buying the crappy smoke bombs Firequest sells.

Cool, even better!
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Lots of good info thanks.

Also, Would the 37mm work on a 11.5 barrel? If not whats the shortest it will work on?

I don't think mine would work on a 11.5".  One of those rail mounted ones might.  Mine would work on a 14.5" M4 barrel.

Chickrepelent- What brand is that one in the pic?

Thats a RPB or RBP or whatever they're called.  They don't sell them anymore.  I read somewhere that the one Bushmaster was selling was the same thing but I don't know for sure that that's true.  I don't think Bushmaster is selling them anymore either.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 11:53:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA" My launcher

I personally know at least half a dozen people who own LMT launchers all on Form 4s  2 of which were acquired in the last 2 years.

I checked and I was wrong on about it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 1:00:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA" My launcher

I checked and I was wrong on about it.

clearly you need to order yourself up a LMT launcher on a form 4 now
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top