Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2009 7:07:16 PM EDT
I'm building my first 308 DPMS rifle and i'm looking for a 20" barrel that I can mount a low profile gas block to. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Mark
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 8:59:41 PM EDT
try www.accuracysystemsinc.com havn;t ordered from them yet but they have some things I am very interested in (6.5 short mag)
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 9:02:50 PM EDT
You can use ar10 barrels as well. You will need to run an armalite gas tube and dpms barrel nut.
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 9:03:23 PM EDT
I don't know any sources yet. I'm just posting to affirm there is an untapped market for certain barrels to fit the LR-308 series. I'd like to see chrome lined, light weight or government profile, 16" mid, and 20" barrels available.

Karl
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 10:23:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Mr45auto:
You can use ar10 barrels as well. You will need to run an armalite gas tube and dpms barrel nut.

It is my understanding that you must also use an Armalite AR-10 bolt along with the AR-10 barrel.

Link Posted: 3/22/2009 6:34:55 AM EDT
Try Fulton Armory, they list exactly what you're looking for, made by Krieger ( top tier).
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 12:27:18 PM EDT
+ 20 on Fulton. If it is listed to buy, It is in stock. About 10-14 day process and ship right now on parts.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 1:09:21 PM EDT
Does anyone know the diameter of the fulton 20" 308 heavy barrel? I'm trying to figure out what gas blocks I can use on it. Also, do they come with the barrel extension on them? Also, will the top rail on the fulton a3 upper line up with a forearm rail system (same height)?

thanks,
Mark
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 2:21:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SilentMark:
Does anyone know the diameter of the fulton 20" 308 heavy barrel? I'm trying to figure out what gas blocks I can use on it. Also, do they come with the barrel extension on them? Also, will the top rail on the fulton a3 upper line up with a forearm rail system (same height)?

thanks,
Mark

.936 by the web site, they use their own custom gas block. Which is sold on their site also, $50. Not sure on the Barrel extension, but I haven't seen them listed there so I assume they are included on the barrel, head spaced perfectly no doubt.

Been waiting on my upper since November, so some things may not be in stock for immediate delivery. i have ordered other things from them since and they have shipped out very quickly, 16 business hours or less. I took that to mean that they are caught p on everything they have in stock and are just waiting for production, theirs and others, to get everything else out.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 2:49:31 PM EDT
Thanks for the info, I think i'll order one of their 20" barrels and get a PRI .936 lo pro gas block for it......should look good with a DD 12.0 lite .308 rail system and a vortex fh.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 4:30:10 PM EDT
I had asked some questions on warrifles regarding the upper dimensions and barrel differences. This was the response that I got:

Our A4 and Slick Side uppers are at the same height. Thus, we have the same rail height from charging handle to muzzle when a top rail is installed on the Titan handguard float tube.

Gas Block: All barrels .936"
Barrel Diameters:
Medium:.875"
Heavy: .920"

Barrels are untapered.

hope this helps..
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 7:09:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mjcarter:

It is my understanding that you must also use an Armalite AR-10 bolt along with the AR-10 barrel.

Nope, either will work if they headspace, you just can't mix bolts and carriers.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 7:55:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 9:01:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/23/2009 9:01:50 AM EDT by Mr45auto]
Actually I run an armalite bolt and firing pin in a DPMS carrier on mine. The bolt came with the barrel and I found that the firing pin was a smaller diameter with the armalite bolt and the dpms firing pin would not work with it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 9:07:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By rignerd:

thanks,
Mark

.936 by the web site, they use their own custom gas block. Which is sold on their site also, $50. Not sure on the Barrel extension, but I haven't seen them listed there so I assume they are included on the barrel, head spaced perfectly no doubt.

Been waiting on my upper since November, so some things may not be in stock for immediate delivery. i have ordered other things from them since and they have shipped out very quickly, 16 business hours or less. I took that to mean that they are caught p on everything they have in stock and are just waiting for production, theirs and others, to get everything else out.

What style upper have you been waiting on since November?
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 4:12:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By kblack583:

thanks,
Mark

What style upper have you been waiting on since November?

Fulton Armory 22" with side cocking should look like this when I get through.

Link Posted: 3/23/2009 7:00:51 PM EDT
FYI, I believe the Fulton Armory barrels are made by Criterion, not Krieger(as stated above).

Krieger only makes premium cut rifled barrels.

Criterion is a spin-off from Krieger that button rifles the barrels for large quantity orders and contracts. Still high quality, but not a Krieger barrel.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:01:29 AM EDT

thanks,
Mark

You might try to contact them as your questions are specific to their product - they are good about answering email.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:22:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2009 9:24:01 AM EDT by BB]
Fulton Armory 22" with side cocking should look like this when I get through.

Hmmm. Looks like they just mill out a slot in the upper after it's anodized. Bad juju.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:36:42 PM EDT
The Dpms bolt was designed to be exactly like the AR10 but due to tolerances the DPMS is usually about .002 tighter on the headspace. The DPMS lugs are .310 with a .125 recess to the face=.185".
Armalite is .308 with a .125 to the face =.183".
Armalite extensions work in DPMS receivers and vise/versa. Armalite bolts work in DPMS extensions and vise/versa if the headspace is ok, so as long as you check it can be done.
Top Top