Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/21/2005 11:10:46 AM EDT
I need one, or five. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:30:32 AM EDT
Your safety can probably be swapped over to the other side without any mods. Colt and Bushmaster ( I think Bushmaster) can't be swapped, but most others all can.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:37:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/21/2005 11:39:21 AM EDT by Morning_Wood]
Nope it can't. No slot for the plunger. Mine is an Armalite. Do others like RRA or DPMS have plunger cuts on both sides?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:59:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stickman:
Your safety can probably be swapped over to the other side without any mods. Colt and Bushmaster ( I think Bushmaster) can't be swapped, but most others all can.

Don't know what mfrs you're dealing with but I have NEVER seen a swappable sided selector from any mfr. Heard a rumor once that Oly made a reversible safety, but have never seen one nor found it on their web site.

Best solution I know of for the problem is to get a two sided jobbie, then mill off the right handed (left side)wing.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:12:19 PM EDT
you can cut your own notch with a dremel tool.
go slow and look at the problem.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:18:57 PM EDT
Check out JP Enterprises New Adjustable/Reversable Selector at www.jprifles.com. Look under the rifle parts and Trigger parts directories. The level can be mounted on either side. I've set up a couple of these righty so far and they are a quality product.

Eric
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:31:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By shamayim:
Don't know what mfrs you're dealing with but I have NEVER seen a swappable sided selector from any mfr. Heard a rumor once that Oly made a reversible safety, but have never seen one nor found it on their web site.

Best solution I know of for the problem is to get a two sided jobbie, then mill off the right handed (left side)wing.

Oly makes them as their standard part, but I had ended up with a few through other sources, and had figured the others were someone other than OA.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:50:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By shamayim:

Originally Posted By Stickman:

+1...

That's the second time today Ive read that the safety was reversible... I too have seen many different safety's and not one was reversible...
Top Top