Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2003 5:44:11 PM EDT
I am looking for a vertical grip for my M4 and can't make up my mind.  I am leaning to the broomhandle type as the First Samco looks too uncomfortable with the finger grooves.

Any thoughts?

John from MD
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Surefire M900 is the best.

Then Tango down.

Then Dieter.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 6:08:26 PM EDT
[#2]
DevL, I love my M-900A just as much as the next guy but it's not in the same category as as the Tango Down or Dieter. [:D]

johnfrommd, what do you want a vertical grip for? Are you just plinking or do you intend to do some muzzle strikes? Do you have a light on your rifle now or do you intend to get one in the future? Would you like to be able to store batteries in the vertical grip?

The best vertical grip will be the best vertical grip for your needs. There are plenty of people here would be happ to help guide you in the right direction but we need a bit more info along the lines of the questions I gave.

Vertical grips range in price from around $35-$40 up to $450+ (as is the case with the Surefire M-900 "vertical grip" that DevL mentioned in his post) and they're not all created equal.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 12:53:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I do not intend to mount a light on my M4 and I use a OKO sight so battery storage is not an issue.  I will use the rifle for some CQB scenerios and general plinking.  

Does that narrow it down enough?

Regards,

John
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:54:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, that does narrow it down quite a bit John. Thank you.

Based upon your needs, I would stick with the basic types like this one from [url=www.advanced-armament.com/ar-15.html]AAC[/url]. If you don't have a rail system on your rifle, they can hook you up with that as well.

As far as the broomstick style vs. finger groove style, IMHO, the broom stick style are more comfortable and make "pivoting" the rifle on the vertical grip easier. I used to have the ARMS #23 vertical grip and hated it. YMMV. Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 8:14:06 AM EDT
[#5]
i have my own question that relates to this: (sorry for the hijack) but are the AAC, KAC & GG&G verticle grips all about the same quality?  because they all look like a copy of the same design (KAC's design originally??) but the AAC is much cheaper.  But the AAC is also the only one of the three without a waterproof battery-compartment, right?

i too need a VG but i can't wait for the TD! [banghead]

Link Posted: 9/24/2003 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I talked with both Tango Down and Buffer tech this week. The TD grip will be avaibale mid October. Buffer tech says they will have the TD Oct. 15.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I talked with both Tango Down and Buffer tech this week. The TD grip will be avaibale mid October. Buffer tech says they will have the TD Oct. 15.
View Quote

[banana][banana][banana][banana]
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 9:17:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm looking for a vertical grip for the SEBR carbine (with the quad rail forward handguard) that I have on order.  I'm not looking to keep batteries in it.  I just want something light, comfortable and relatively inexpensive, although I will pay for quality if there's a marked difference between brands.  I hefted an AR-15 carbine with a Knight's Armaments vertical grip on it at the range Saturday and really liked it.  I liked the fact that it could be unscrewed and slid back and forth easily too.  Where does it stack up against the other brands?  
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Here's a good thread on the Tango Grip, and some comparison with other Grips...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=167569
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 10:54:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
i have my own question that relates to this: (sorry for the hijack) but are the AAC, KAC & GG&G verticle grips all about the same quality?  because they all look like a copy of the same design (KAC's design originally??) but the AAC is much cheaper.  But the AAC is also the only one of the three without a waterproof battery-compartment, right?
[banghead]
View Quote

I consider the KAC verticle foregrip to be the original, but in several ways (cost, function) it has been surpassed by others.  No, it does not hold batteries, unless you purchase the GG&G insert ($30) for it.  Of course the KAC is the only grip I've ever owned, but if I were in the market for one today, it wouldn't be on my list of considerations.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 10:04:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Here's a good thread on the Tango Grip, and some comparison with other Grips...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=167569
View Quote

THANK YOU MENEHUNE FOR THAT WONDERFUL LINK...Very very nice...I crave wings now...grrrrrrr
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top