Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2004 3:44:34 AM EDT
Looking forward to the sunset of the AWB soon.here.US M-4? Weight is not my primary concern. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:49:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:54:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:00:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Devil Dog, look into a Magpul.  Pricey but worth it.

Magpul

Motivating Magpul
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:59:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for MagPul.  All be benefits of both the collapsible and the fixed stock with none of the drawbacks.  I am putting them on everything once the ban goes away.

IDHunt
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#6]
i prefer the vltor, but any of the name brand 6 position stocks are fine.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Looking forward to the sunset of the AWB soon. I want to get a collapsable stock for my AR. So many out there. I want one that would be all aluminum constucted if possible. Who makes the most durable one out there? What is on the US M-4? Weight is not my primary concern. Thanks.

You don't want the stock itself to be aluminum.  They are brittle, the finish flakes off too easily, and it isn't good for your bare cheek on a cold day.  

The GI M4 has a Colt enhanced stock.  It is the one with the waffle pattern on the side and the angled and longer buttplate.  It looks like the RRA/Bushy stock, except it uses the standard Colt four position tube instead of the RRA commercial six position tube.  If you want one that is dimensioned similar to the Colt, i would recommend the LMT Gen2 stock.  LMT sells a five postion tube, though, instead of the four position that Colt uses.  If you want one that looks similar, but uses the six postiion commercial tube, get the Cavalry Arms made ones.  The Colt/LMT stock will not fit the commercial six psoition tube.  The commercial stock will fit the LMT abd Colt tubes, but they wil fit more loosely.

If you want a better than issued stock, get the Magpul, LMT Crane, or VLTOR.  They offer a better cheekweld and added abilities as well.  The magpul would be my first choice as it will offer the most modularity once all the attachements and accessories for it start coming out.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:38:09 PM EDT
[#8]
magpul is the best for a more multi-purpose weapon... 16"-18" barrels... allows constant cheek weld...  and is build like a tank...

six positions (RRA) - for light weight carbines...

vltor - if you want battery compartments and a little better cheek weld...

----

researching all the stocks I did... i settled on the magpul...
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:57:38 PM EDT
[#9]
OK, Who has these Stocks in stock at the best price? Especially the Magpul. Thank You
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
OK, Who has these Stocks in stock at the best price? Especially the Magpul. Thank You

I had a Magpul and SOLD it.  I just replaced it with a Vltor Clubfoot from JTAC.  I think I like it so much I will get one for my other lower that's a post ban in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:58:41 AM EDT
[#12]
what about the ace collapsible stock, any good??
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:25:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
what about the ace collapsible stock, any good??

Does ACE make a collapsible stock? Would the SOCOM be considered collapsible or adjustable?

My vote for the best:

1. Vltor
2. LMT SOPMOD
3. Colt ACR
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:31:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Magpul, by far IMO.
-Steve
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
magpul is the best for a more multi-purpose weapon... 16"-18" barrels... allows constant cheek weld...  and is build like a tank...

six positions (RRA) - for light weight carbines...

vltor - if you want battery compartments and a little better cheek weld...

----

researching all the stocks I did... i settled on the magpul...

I agree completely with this statement in all regards.  I also went with a M93A.

my first +1!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:26:28 AM EDT
[#16]
I went with the LMT Crane/SOPMOD (the full kit from Wes @ MSTN).  I liked that it has battery storage now.  And no it's not hard to access (2 seconds).  It has a great cheek weld.  I liked the non-snaggy rubber butt-pad.  And, it looked simpler than others to me.  I'm happy with it.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:28:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Between the Vltor and the Magpul, which offers the best cheekweld?  I realize that its somewhat subjective, so opinions are welcome.

I haven't had the chance to handle or use either of them.  I like the fact that the Vltor can be used with any of the many sling adapter plates, and it operates the same as the standard 4 pos. Colt stock.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:55:25 PM EDT
[#18]
1. VLTOR
2. COLT/ENHANCED M4
3. OLD SCHOOL M4 COLT STOCK
4. MAGPUL  ( Have fun with the install on a older lowers )
Vltor  just fits me right.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Between the Vltor and the Magpul, which offers the best cheekweld?  I realize that its somewhat subjective, so opinions are welcome.

I haven't had the chance to handle or use either of them.  I like the fact that the Vltor can be used with any of the many sling adapter plates, and it operates the same as the standard 4 pos. Colt stock.

The way the magpul is designed allows the cheek weld to be the same no matter what the adjustment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top