Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/6/2006 5:31:52 PM EDT
I could have sworn that I saw this exact topic a couple of days ago, but I cannot find it now.  Any reccomendations would be appreciated.  Or just link the other topic for me if I'm just missing it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:52:48 PM EDT
[#1]
It's the second tacked tread. Here.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think that's the thread he was talking about.  You will hear: USGI is the best (or best for the money).;HK is sturdier than any USGI and better constructed.; D&H is the best, they are teflon coated and drop free easier (or hold the finish better).; NHMTG,they make the Colt mags.; Okay has the (a) DOD contract.; C Prdoucts mags are built USGI/mil spec.  IMO, most of those arguments have merit.  Now, my personal opinion.  I like D&H for the teflon coating, but they seem thinner. (I'm going to measure them tonight.  I like NHMTG 20rd mags because I like straight 20 rd mags.  I like C Products because they feel sturdier than D&H and replicate the USGI mag style.  The HK is a beauty to look at and hold, but the cost and weight far outweigh the advantages IMO.  I'm waiting, hopefully not much longer, for my C Products Stainless mags.  If they live up to the early reviews, they will be as good or better than HK mags for about 1/2 the cost and less weight as well.  I also like C Products as a company as they listen to us, the civilian consumer.  Take all that for what you will...

TS
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:17:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:20:14 AM EDT
[#4]
This is the first I've heard of these new-fangled stainless mags. Where are these reviews you speak of?  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This is the first I've heard of these new-fangled stainless mags. Where are these reviews you speak of?  

Rodent, here: SS mag review 1  

SS mag review 2
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:45:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Kind of still a newbee as far as new access. for AR-15 goes, especially new mags. Just got in a half dozen 30rd D&H mags with green followers. Do all new mags feel this tight and do the followers all want to tilt and catch? Will they loosen and smooth out after being shot a while? How about some type of lube job inside of em?

Also, got two of the gray follower magpulls and they seem a lot smoother from the get go. Got them all from 44mag and liked their people.

Please advise.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:11:26 PM EDT
[#7]
The HK's are built very well.  The price is outstanding.  I don't know how well they will stand up to field use (rust, dents, etc), but they probably will be better than any aluminum magazine.  I do believe that you will get the same reliability by adding Magpul followers to regular magazines.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Kind of still a newbee as far as new access. for AR-15 goes, especially new mags. Just got in a half dozen 30rd D&H mags with green followers. Do all new mags feel this tight and do the followers all want to tilt and catch?

No.

Will they loosen and smooth out after being shot a while?

Maybe.

How about some type of lube job inside of em?

No!!  That will attract and catch dust which will gunk up your mags.

Also, got two of the gray follower magpulls and they seem a lot smoother from the get go. Got them all from 44mag and liked their people.  Please advise.

Add Magpul followers to the rest.

TS
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:12:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I usually push the follower up and down a few times with a dowel or wooden ruler on new mags, kinda breaks them in.
The Magpul really is a better follower, try some.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:52:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I hate steel or SS

OLD COLT 20rd w/ Metal Followers is my FAVORITE AR15/M16 MAG PERIOD

BUT FOR  30 rounders PARSON/Adventure Line or D&H
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:28:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I hate steel or SShr

I AGREE!!!!  I just bought a few more the other day....
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#12]
C-Products

+10 customer service to top them off
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:12:39 PM EDT
[#13]
IMO CProducts and NHMTG make the best mags
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:27:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm happy with my D&H teflon coated mags, mag pul followers installed of course.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:10:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Go with any USGI mag, should work fine despite what you have read here on arfcom. Go to 44mag.com and get the D&H or go to CP's website.

The USGI mags have worked well for the last 30+ years, they have proven to be reliable.  Dropping them will not dent them, Ive tried, even tried throwing them into a rock, they dont dent nealry as easily as some people claim here, not to mention they will never rust. As for the HK and CP stainless, I havent tried em. If you feel you need better reliability than a mag that can go 2000+ rounds continuously without a jam then get the HK for $40+, if not get a USGI teflon mag for $10-12.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top