Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2005 5:16:35 PM EDT
Does Urback still do them?  Looking for 7-8".
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Mark Mcwillis at www.trosusa.com offers a 5" and a 9.5", with an HK 3-lug muzzle.  I have one of the latter, and like it quite a bit.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:52:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Does Urback still do them?  Looking for 7-8".

Cut from blank:

Mike Woodward in VA

Darin Reiss

Aaron Einsel

WA Tom in WA

Existing 16" barrel cut to your length:

Joeblack
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:36:41 PM EDT
[#3]
i'm sure Randall from ar15barrels.com can make you one as well.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Mark Mcwillis at www.trosusa.com offers a 5" and a 9.5", with an HK 3-lug muzzle.  I have one of the latter, and like it quite a bit.

These also have the 3-lug cut from the blank, not threaded and glued.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:57:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#6]
For my $.02 worth, if you're using the 9mm barrel on a 16, I would use a Colt 9mm barrel.  To my knowledge Colt is the only 9mm barrel that is chromed lined.  Some say that since a pistol round is going so much slower than a rifle round, chrome lining isn't needed.  To me it is just about plain use.  I go through 1-2,000 rds of 9mm in an afternoon.  I love Beta dumps.  I have two Colt 9mm uppers and two Colt 9mm Beta C mags.  Chrome is much harder than steel.  I feel the chromed lined barrels will far out last a steel barrel.  In semi even with the Beta mags, in would take a while to go through 2,000 rds.  I dump a mag, then set the upper aside until I can hang on to the barrel with my hand.

I have several 5.56 set ups with three 5.56 Beta mags.  I also have a 7.62X39 Colt full auto upper with another on the way.  I have a 75rd drum on the way and looking for a 100rd 7.62 chinese drum to combine with a couple of towers I have.  If I'm going to the range, I want to shoot not sit around.  With enough uppers to rotate, the uppers stay cool so I don't peal the chrome out of them.  One Beta dump and set it aside.  If you are using a 16, I would think that you will go through more ammo than a semi.  How long to you plan on using each upper?  Also there is just the hassle of setting up the upper the way I want it.  Once the barrel is worn out, I need to find another barrel and reset the upper the way I want it.  The fewer times I have to do this the better I like it.  It just seems to me, using a 16 I want the barrel to last as long as possible.  To me in a full auto application, chrome lining is the way to go.  Good luck with your 9mm project.  

Scott
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:27:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:44:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top