Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/28/2006 10:34:08 PM EDT
Anyone?   Just spent a couple hours searching the EE, and couldn't find one.  I know where I can get a blank barrel with the above specs.  Can anyone reccommend a good place to have a FSB installed?

Thanks,  Doc
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:11:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Check CMMG and Bushmaster...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:44:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Unless I'm missing something in your description, the following companies make what you are looking for...

Colt
LMT
CMMG
Bravo Company (? - Not sure if they ever got around to making 14.5" barrels?)
Saber Defense (maybe?)

"A2 FSB" - Did you mean a non "F" height FSB? If that's the case, that's going to make it more difficult. The only company I'm aware of the makes that (or should I say made that - not sure if they still do?) is\was Colt and it may take a while to find one at a fair price? Too bad you weren't looking about 6 months ago because Eagle Firearms had a bunch of them for ~$250 if I remember correctly?

Your best bet would probably be placing a WTB ad on the EE. I've had very good luck doing that to find parts I was having trouble finding otherwise

I know they make extended sight posts for people with Standard height FSB and A3 uppers. I wonder if anybody makes a short sight post for people in your position? If not, cheesy as it may be, it wouldn't take much to grind down a sight post to the correct height.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:47:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Bravo Company has them in the works. Should be here shortly.

Bushmaster makes one, but I'm not sure if it has feedramps, and or a "F" FSB. The Bravo offering will.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:52:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Bushmaster makes one, but I'm not sure if it has feedramps, and or a "F" FSB. The Bravo offering will.

BM's don't have the "F" height FSB (Good thing in this case I'm guessing?) but they do not have M4 ramps
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:23:25 AM EDT
[#5]
cmmg
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies guys.  You are correct in your assumption that I need a non-F front sight base (using an A2 upper receiver)    Isn't Bushmaster supposed to start using M4 feedramps now that they won that lawsuit?  I've checked into Bravo's barrels, but according to them, they won't be selling barrel assemblies until spring (whenever that is).  As far as CMMG goes, I know they're a board dealer and all, but I've had two shooting partners have very bad experiences with CMMG barrels (I.E. being shot out in 6K rounds)  We shoot a lot (1K rounds per month) and I need a barrel that's up to the task.  I guess I'll keep checking the EE for a Colt, or wait until Bravo comes out with their barrel assemblies.  Thanks again guys,

Doc
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top