Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/4/2003 12:17:06 PM EDT
I just got a very nicely made detachealbe carry handle/sight, looks pretty much like all others I have seen, it has a 6/3 elevation wheel and is marked with a "broken" A-6

Who made it?

Thanks

Jeff
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The broken "A" is actually an A-H
AH=Anchor Harvey Forging Co.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#2]
So, is it a generic unit or can it be traced to a particular manufacturer?

Jeff
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So, is it a generic unit or can it be traced to a particular manufacturer?

Jeff
View Quote

Alot of companies subcontract AH to make them.
I've seen alot of different A3 handles from different manufacturers that bear the Anchor Harvey markings. Also,Alot of forged block unfinished lower recievers are made by Alcoa Aluminum then sold (unfinished) to AR maufacturers.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:37:18 PM EDT
[#4]
What are the chances it was made by Colt? any other markings that would give a definitive answer?

Thanks

Jeff
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What are the chances it was made by Colt? any other markings that would give a definitive answer?

Thanks

Jeff
View Quote

None.

It says AH it's made by Anchor Harvey.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Are the Colt ones higher than mil spec, requiring a higher front sight post?  I had to elevate my front sight post way too high to sight my carbine in.  Just in case you were wondering, my elevation knob is at the proper BZO setting.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks

Jeff
View Quote

Colt, Bushmaster, DPMS, Oly and "JTDistributing" are all using the [url=forgings.com]Anchor Harvey[/url] carry handles.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#8]
notack,

When I got this in a trade package it was represented as being a Colt, shouldnt it have some other marking than the AH-6 to denote Colt manufacture?

Jeff
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:26:21 AM EDT
[#9]
My grey "Colt" handle came from a 6400C, and only has the "Splintered A" mark. The extra letters/numbers (A, B, 6 ect.) are batch codes.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#10]
mine has a fairly dark finish that has a grey cast to it, I'll take pictures tonight and post tomorrow. It is definitely a well made unit.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 6:15:31 AM EDT
[#11]
the "splintered A" is Alcoa aluminum
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 7:15:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
the "splintered A" is Alcoa aluminum
View Quote

The "splintered A" is actually an "A" and an "H", for [url=forgings.com]Anchor Harvey[/url]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top