Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/30/2006 6:40:00 AM EDT
I ordered the rifle over a month ago. I waited a couple of weeks and was told that it would be near the end of July before it shipped. I left for my National Guard annual training and was all giddy thinking that it would be waiting at the dealer's when I came home. AT is over and the dealer was closed when I went by and won't open until Monday. I got home and found out that I haven't been charged yet. I was just wondering if anyone else who ordered on or about the same timeframe as I did has received their's yet? I am calling CMMG first thing Monday. I'm ready to go shoot the damn thing already!
Link Posted: 7/30/2006 7:49:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I placed my order on May 20 and received my upper about a week ago.
Link Posted: 7/30/2006 7:50:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered their m10 mid length w/medium contour barrel June 20 and it  shipped in only a weeks time.  Thats the only time I have ordered from them so I don't know what an average ship time for them is.  Maybe I just got lucky, not sure, but I am pleased with the rifle so far.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2006 8:33:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies guys. I ordered on June 22. I apparently just missed the boat. I ordered the M10 Mid-length MedCon rifle. The waiting is the hardest part.
Link Posted: 7/30/2006 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/30/2006 12:10:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I got mine about a week ago. It was definately worth the wait.

Link Posted: 8/6/2006 10:57:37 AM EDT
[#6]
A few NOOB questions:

What is the difference between the Gov't contour and MedCon barrels?  Why is the MedCon called a "multi-role barrel".  Advantages/disadvantages?

I guess a better question for you, ricksrifle, is why did you go with the MedCon??

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/6/2006 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Awsome rifle triburst1.

I will be ordering the same one, but with the lightweight barrel.

P.S. Don't care how long I have to wait.

KZ
Link Posted: 8/6/2006 4:09:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a bit of a wait as well, but it was worth it.

14.5 CMMG Middy
Link Posted: 8/6/2006 10:03:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered just a 16" multiroll a while back on july 11.  On the july 18 I was told they would be about 4 weeks out.  Doesnt much matter to me.... still have alot of ordering to do
Link Posted: 8/7/2006 5:05:18 AM EDT
[#10]
While we are at it, how is the accuracy for those of you with the medium contour barrels?
Link Posted: 8/8/2006 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Number 37, sorry it took so long to reply. I went with the MedCon because I really have no use for the Gov't profile and want to retain some of the advantages of the heavier barrel (ie. slightly better accuaracy, a little more durable) and I just wanted something different than what I've had on all of the .mil rifles that I've ever had issued to me.  Call CMMG or post over in the Industry forum for details. They are a very helpful bunch.
Link Posted: 8/13/2006 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, ricksrifle.  When you do get it, be sure to post some pic's for us to drool over!
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 6:37:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm sitting here right now waiting for the UPS truck; it should be here any minute now.  Now if I could just find someplace local that sells rocksett, so I can put my brake and collar on it already.    
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I will be sure to post pics when I get it. I should get some word from them today. I am running way past the delivery date that I was originally given and that is causing me some grief with some training that I had planned. However, I am still excited and have faith that it will be worth the wait.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 9:27:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'm sitting here right now waiting for the UPS truck; it should be here any minute now.  Now if I could just find someplace local that sells rocksett, so I can put my brake and collar on it already.    

Congrats, dude!
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, perhaps you were a little premature there.  It got here.  Anyone wants one without a long wait, its on the EE under new parts, uppers.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 10:36:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Was it not specifically what you ordered? Or did you just expect it to have the step?
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 12:37:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I expected the step.  Stuff happens.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I feel for ya' man. I don't know what it would be, but being under the gun (no pun intended) like I am, needing this rifle three weeks ago, I am pretty paranoid right now about there being some issue with it once it gets here. Other than the fact that it lacked the step, what was your overall opinion of the barrel?

ETA: No word today.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#20]
It looks like any other high quality barrel.  I can't recall ever seeing any complaints about CMMG anywhere here.
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 2:40:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Whats a step?
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 8:26:40 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Whats a step?

+1 I dont know either
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 8:34:39 AM EDT
[#23]
I just got mine yesterday! WOOOOOO!!! HOT!!! I'll get some pics up when I get access to a decent camera.
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 11:33:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I just got mine yesterday! WOOOOOO!!! HOT!!! I'll get some pics up when I get access to a decent camera.

What did you get?
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What did you get?

16" Govt Middy, A3 upper w/ M4 cuts, chrome bore/chamber. I put a Larue BUIS on it. The lower is a Global Tactical, with a Stag LPK and 6-pos stock. And for when someone asks, yellow tape means Magpul follower, white means loaded w/ WWB .223, and yes, that is my back yard (you can't see the range in the pics, but you can see the hot tub).

Here are the crappy camcorder pics:

Link Posted: 8/15/2006 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

+1 The UPS man dropped mine off yesterday after lunch

It is a 16" middy, govt profile barrel, YMH lightweight quad rail free float handguard, and a few extra options. I will post pics when I have time.
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 4:25:29 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is a 16" middy, govt profile barrel, YMH lightweight quad rail free float handguard, and a few extra options. I will post pics when I have time.

Please shoot for groups when you do your range report. I would like to know how accurate these barrels are.
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 6:28:00 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please shoot for groups when you do your range report. I would like to know how accurate these barrels are.

No problem man, I was planning on going to the range on saturday, I will post pics and a range report.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 7:32:15 AM EDT
[#29]
My 16" M10 middy complete barrel and yhm 4-rail free-float handguard are IN TRANSIT and OUT FOR DELIVERY via UPS.  So excited that the anticipation is almost over!!!

Link Posted: 8/25/2006 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#30]
What's the difference between M10 and not?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top