Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2006 5:54:55 AM EDT
I have an aimpoint on one of my AR's. I always have the rear sight up as well (arms 40).

Am I the only one? I am not sure if it is habit, but when I flip the covers down and turn her on, I flip up the rear sight.

Just curious.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:48:31 AM EDT
[#1]
no, the point of having a red dot is for quick acquisition, when you're looking through the BUIS, it isn't as fast.  That's why they are called BACK UP sights.  Making sure they are zero'd every once in a while is fine, but I would get out of that habit.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:52:20 AM EDT
[#2]
i went to A2 chop handles for just this reason.
the dot floats so i see it on target and both eyes are open so i am looking to the dot most of the time.  i don't notice i have a BUIS unless i "try" to see it.    
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:54:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Ditto. I have a fixed rear sight, but I look over it not through it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:20:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i went to A2 chop handles for just this reason.
the dot floats so i see it on target and both eyes are open so i am looking to the dot most of the time.  i don't notice i have a BUIS unless i "try" to see it.    

I am the same way now that I think of it. When I have to hit things far out during matches or what ever, I focus on sight alingment and sight picture and that clear front sight post.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#5]
On my Aimpoint/A2 gooseneck upper I don't have a choice

On my flattop wearing an EOTech and ARMS 40, I usually leave the #40 down. I have been doing a lot of shooting recently with just the irons and leaving the EOTech off, though.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't deploy my flip up front/rear buis unless I anticipate a shot outside of the effective range of my Aimpoint. The whole point is for the sights to be out of the way for rapid target acquisition with the red dot.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top