Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/27/2006 12:54:17 AM EDT
I am in the search of a stripped or partially stripped lower to build a SBR. I already have a large pin trigger assembly from a hbar that I installed a jp trigger in and thought I would go from there. Other than colt who makes a lower that uses the larger sized holes for the trigger pins? Thanks in advance, 2200v.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:40:33 AM EDT
Nobody other then Colt. The way I see it, you have three choices...

1. Buy a Colt lower.

2. Sell the trigger you have and buy whatever lower and trigger you want.

3. Buy whatever lower you want and drill out the trigger\hammer pin holes to fit your current trigger.

For an SBR, I would choose option #2
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:41:43 AM EDT
i would probably sell the trigger
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:00:01 AM EDT
what might a colt factory trigger assembly be worth?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:35:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 2200v:
I am in the search of a stripped or partially stripped lower to build a SBR. I already have a large pin trigger assembly from a hbar that I installed a jp trigger in and thought I would go from there. Other than colt who makes a lower that uses the larger sized holes for the trigger pins? Thanks in advance, 2200v.

Nobody other than colt bastardized their pin sizes to piss off the gun community. Sell that trigger group. Get a standard lower for your SBR.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:29:06 AM EDT

what might a colt factory trigger assembly be worth?

That would depend on...

...large pin trigger assembly from a hbar that I installed a jp trigger in...

What does that mean? Do you have a factory Colt trigger group or a JP trigger group with Colt pins or is it a Colt group with JP springs?

Let me just put it this way. It would be cheaper the throw the trigger group you have in the garbage and start from scratch then to buy a Colt lower just to fit the group you already have. Let us know what you have and we can give you a guesstimate on what it would probably be worth on the EE but even if it's only $20 it would still be the more cost effective way to go. Chances are, what ever you have is worth more the $20.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:56:37 PM EDT
It is a complete factory colt trigger assembly. Trigger, disconnector, springs, and pins.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:11:20 AM EDT

It is a complete factory colt trigger assembly. Trigger, disconnector, springs, and pins.

Sorry man, after reading it again, what you wrote the first time made sense I was just a little slow on the uptake!

Anyway, assuming those parts are new or like new, I would think you could get ~$50 for them on the EE considering the few places the sell geniune Colt "fire control" kits ask ~$90 and up. $50 would just about buy you a complete LPK for a standard lower.
Top Top