Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/2/2004 7:42:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/3/2004 1:09:06 PM EST by Phessor]
I am looking for an A1 upper for my next build. Does anyone know of any manufacturers that make one? I would prefer an upper with a teardrop forward assist and without the brass deflector. All I have seen are the ones with the brass deflector. I do not want a slabside. Thanks, Phessor
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:25:30 PM EST

Originally Posted By Phessor:
I am looking for an A1 upper for my next build. Does anyone know of any manufacturers that make one?

Bushmaster A1 Upper Receiver

Fulton Armory

Originally Posted By Phessor:
I would prefer an upper with a teardrop forward assist and without the brass deflector.

Good luck with that.... I have NO idea.

Have a good one.

Stainless
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:31:50 PM EST
Unless you are going to get a complete upper reciever then you just buy a tear drop F/A assembly.

As for the reciever with the forward assist without the case deflector. Good luck, I have been looking for the same thing but can't find one. I did hear Brownells was selling one but then someone said the ad was wrong and it had the case deflector. So I don't know if they sell one or not.

Maybe keep looking in the EE or look at at gunshows for one. Other than that I have no idea
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:58:03 PM EST
I picked up a complete upper reciever from a guy on gunbroker. It's a lightweight barrel, A1 reciever, has a forward assist, but it's round, not teardrop, and it doesn't have a brass deflector. When I got it, I didn't even notice it didn't have the brass deflector. I was surprised.

I wish I could tell you who makes it though. It has no markings on it what-so-ever.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:00:35 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:06:56 PM EST
Man I find those in the EE all the time. Colt M16A1 uppers.... no deflector, with FA. Just look around.

Or, go here: www.buffertech.com/ar15_uppers.htm

Get that, then if you dont want the barrel, sell it. Also keep the COLT B/C/CH or sell it. Pretty easy to recoup costs and get a receiver for cheap at those prices.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:44:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By FALARAK:
Man I find those in the EE all the time. Colt M16A1 uppers.... no deflector, with FA. Just look around.

Or, go here: www.buffertech.com/ar15_uppers.htm

Get that, then if you dont want the barrel, sell it. Also keep the COLT B/C/CH or sell it. Pretty easy to recoup costs and get a receiver for cheap at those prices.

Thank you very much FALARAK!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:27:12 AM EST
Anyone do a build using Buffer Tech's A1 upper?

Top Top