Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2009 8:30:44 PM EDT
I'm wanting some opinions on White Oak Armament Free Float Tube Handguards.

Thinking about putting one on a Varmint Rifle build but I've never seen one up close!

Good?
Bad?
Strong?
Weak?  

All opinions welcome & appreciated...., Thanks in advance!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#1]
great quality bbls for the price
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:08:30 AM EDT
[#2]
The barrel nut is steel and there are (6) set screws that hold the tube. No indexing problems with the barrel nut. You'll need a 1/4 pin type spanner wrench with a swivel head. Tightening the set screws is a bit tricky the first time, but not really difficult. They are threaded into aluminum, so don't overtighten. Make sure the front screws are centered in the groove in the barrel nut. Seems sturdy enough for a varmint rifle or for sling use in HP rifle. I am quite satisfied with mine.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top