Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/9/2006 10:18:11 AM EDT
I have been trying to decide on verticle forgrips here for a while and when I go to order I read this or that on the webpages of where I'm going to order and before I know it I have losed it out thinking which one.  So my question here is which verticle forgrip and why?
Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the aluminum one from Bravo Company. Great product.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:41:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I got a TGVG on my M4gery and like it very well.Only thing,it was a pain to get on.But thats what a rubber mallet is for.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Tango Down is my favorite.  

The original Knights pattern vertical grip is much too thin.  

The Dieter CQD is awesome, but heavy and the cutout for the tape switch can be annoying on your hands without gloves. Also, I find the profile of the top of the CQD to be a little aggravating to my thumb when trying to activate the pushbutton Surefire tail cap of a light mounted in an VLTOR scout mount.

The Tango Down is rock solid, easy to install/remove if necessary, and fits very comfortably.  It is now the only vertical grip I will buy.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the KAC unit.  Easy on, easy off, lightweight, and less expensive than many alternatives.  I also don't particularly like the shape of the TD VFG.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:14:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Hi I have all there Kight, Tango down and CQD. I personaly love the CQD. I have mine wraped in para cord. Tango down is a close second. And come in maney different colors. I have big hands so that may effect my personal choice.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:22:05 AM EDT
[#7]

tango down.

because if all my friends jumped off a bridge, i would too...

seriously though, i've tried a few. the TD and the CQD are both very good.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a KAC broom handle and the Tango Down VFG.  I prefer the TD for a couple of reasons.  It has storage space, a removable plate to install a pressure switch, is hand filling and basically delivers as advertised.

The KAC is pretty slim but still feels good.  The nice thing about the KAC is that no matter how you grab the VFG, it's the same from any angle.  

As far as being "rock" solid, my TD is not.  The KAC is definately rock solid since I can torque it down as tight as I want.  My TD has some play which is due to the locking tabs not fully returning home as detailed by other posts in the past.  (This is on a SUREFIRE rail) But it mounts more solid than not- so it's good enough for me.  IMHO, there's a difference between solid, not so solid  & wobbly.  The TD is NOT wobbly, there's just some play from side to side.

Sly
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top