Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2013 2:23:50 PM EDT
I have my choice between the following two upper receivers for a new build, which do you think is better and why?

#1) LaRue Tactical STEALTH Upper Receiver (w/M4 Feedramps), or
- machined from billet aluminum
- now has M4 feedramps

#2 ) Noveske MUR (Modular Upper Receiver) w/Forward Assist
- 7075 aircraft-grade aluminum forging
- prior to machining, the forging is fully stress relieved; heat treated, aged twice and undergoes a proprietary cryogenic treatment
- Noveske index hole to fit with NSR Rails

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I greatly prefer the forged receivers over billet. I have a Noveske marked MUR and it's great.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I have both & love them!
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have both & love them!

I have a stealth and love it for it's accuracey.  My Noveske is awesome, but is a 10.5 :)
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#4]
No difference.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had both and I would rather use a standard M4 upper.

The Stealth and the MUR are heavier than a standard and offer nothing ( except cost and looks) than an in-spec G.I. upper.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the mur uppers since they fit tighter and look better with the noveske gen 2 lowers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:38:21 PM EDT
[#7]
The Stealth is head and shoulders better...Now where is the MUR? I'll take it off you hands...Seriously.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:47:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I had the Noveske, and it was a VERY nice upper. I like the LaRue as well. Its kinda 50/50, but I think i would trust the LaRue upper for long term use.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No difference.

Yep. They are probably both more gun than you need.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top