Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/21/2005 3:14:35 PM EDT
I'm looking to build a .458 dissy and need to stuff a huge ass gas block under a FF tube. I know one will fit under the DD tube, but what about the larue?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:41:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/21/2005 7:44:35 PM EDT by eklikwhoa]
i think the dd is round

the larue is less

if the 458 profile anything close to the wulf or a bull barrel the barrel nut i.d. will have to be opened up

with the gasblock you can grind it down till it fits.

someone to talk to would be wes@mstn, he installed a larue 9.0 on a beowulf and would be able to tell you if there is room for a gas block underneath

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:27:24 PM EDT
i know the badger block will fit under a DD, but i always thought the DD was suppose to be smaller than the larues.

Hmm.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:55:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BadSVT:
i know the badger block will fit under a DD, but i always thought the DD was suppose to be smaller than the larues.

Hmm.

i think its the other way around

iirc the dd has a round i.d.

the larue forms a cross
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:19:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:

Hmm.

the larue forms a cross

i thought the DDs were suppose to be almost oval shaped because they're suppose to be one of the skinniest tubes around, but i could easily be wrong.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:57:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:

Hmm.

the larue forms a cross

i thought the DDs were suppose to be almost oval shaped because they're suppose to be one of the skinniest tubes around, but i could easily be wrong.

well if they are oval they still have more room than the larue
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:59:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 11:00:41 AM EDT by mongo001]
The DD isn't round. The DD is skinnier side to side than it is top to bottom. The LaRue is about the same. The exception is that the LaRue's lower rail is closer to the barrel than the upper rail. This would reduce your clearance under the barrel, but above the barrel, it's probably pretty close to the DD.
Top Top