Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/30/2009 7:49:11 AM EDT
I am looking into buying an upper complete/incomplete.

I have been looking at:
Colt
LMT
KAC
BCM
Larue
Noveske
Sabre
Defensive Edge

I am looking for an upper with all the mi-spec parts I can get on it, so some brands have been narrowed out already.

For the price which one of these manufacturers would be the best to go with

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:54:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Colt, LMT, BCM, CMMG, KAC & Sabre will all serve you well if you're looking for "mil-spec" features on a fighting carbine or rifle.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:06:19 AM EDT
[#2]
What is the intended purpose of the rifle in question?
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:20:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What is the intended purpose of the rifle in question?

It would be my SHTF rifle.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:21:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Noveske for the barrel.
For the price, BCM.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:30:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Anything on your list will serve you well. FWIW Bravo Company will be getting in Noveske and LMT uppers in soon....
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:50:10 AM EDT
[#6]
When I can't find Colt uppers for my builds, the 16" LMT M4 upper is frequently my fallback choice. Chrome lining, 4150 steel, forged FSB, magnaflux particle inspected, good QA...the list goes on and on. They are priced aggressively as well.

Can't vouch for BCM uppers as I don't own any, but if their uppers are anything like their BCGs they are top shelf.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 9:20:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I love my LaRue upper.  It's not CL and doesn't have M4 ramps though.  I don't need either of those things, but some people either actually do, or insist they do.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top