Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/19/2003 6:45:22 AM EDT
I need a scope for my RRA flat top AR. However, I have a dilema. I can't aford 2 scopes right now. I want to retian a more compact profile to match rifle, but need a little more magnification. Will be used as a predator calling rifle, & double as a walking summertime groundhog shooter. I love to stalk groundhogs & shots could be 200 yards at times. My old eyes need more than 3 or 4x magnification for those times. In winter I switch gears to calling fox/bobcat/yotes & the lower magnification is handy for quick or running shots.

I was thinking a compact Leupold 2x7 or 3x9, variable power. I have an Armalite 1 piece 1" mount standing by. I'm not much of a red dot kinda fellow.

Any suggestions? How about any pitfalls I should avoid?

thx,
HS
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:29:42 AM EDT
[#1]
anybody? don't tell me you all use dots on your carbines.

HS
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:42:26 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.riflescopes.com/riflescopes/leupold/compact/index.html[/url]

I see no reason your choice would not be a good one as weight is obviously one of your concerns and nothing beats a scope guaranteed for life by Leupold.

Mike

BTW, I have the same rifle, (w/ Entry "short" stock) and yep there's an EOTech 511.A65 setting on it's flat-top. It's a nice rifle, so's yours and shoots very well w/ Q3131A, Winny 64 grn PP+s, LC-XM193, and Fed GM 69SMKs.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top