Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 7:43:36 PM EDT
Need a non-FF HG for a middy.  Mainly trying to decide between MI or SF.  I like how the MI doesn't have the lower top rail like the SF, but the SF looks to be slimmer.  Is the SF actually slimmer?  

Which is the better rail in your opinion?  Measure this in terms of weight, stability and durability, thinner profile, etc.  Thanks for all your help guys.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#1]
i would try m.i.

bought a surefire rail when it first came out and wasnt all that impressed. there is also yhm i believe
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I like my MI but damn the thing is heavy.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#3]

OK, thanks guys.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate to say it, but I was also advised to check out the MI MCTAR-18T (Triangular) and -18R(Round), but these are no longer listed on the MI website.  Not sure if they were dropped from production or what.

Should have picked one up that I saw at a DFW Gun SHow last week.  Shoulda, woulda, coulda!

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:18:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
THEY WERE NOT DROPPED TO THE SITE IN FACT THEY WERE NEVER ADDED(YET).We are working on full web site additions sorry its taking so long.
TROY
MI

I may have used the wrong model number.  But, I was looking for your mid-length handguard (MI#18T) set that installs without having to modify the upper.  They just replace the current handguards.  Sorry if I used the wrong part no.  I was trying to extrapolate from what was already on your web site.  I thought MI had such an animal as I they are on the following web site.
www.bravocompanyusa.com/Page2.html
It may be a discontinued item.  

Would appreciate it if you could clear my confusion.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:25:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top