Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 3:42:47 PM EDT
I just noticed that my FSB on my upper has a crown looking symbol on it and would like to know which manufacturer used it. I was told it was a Bushmaster upper assembly, but would like more info on it.

Thanks,
Doug
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#1]
My bushmaster has the same 'crown' mark on the FSB.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:57:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had numerous Bushmasters with the crown on the FSB, but for some reason I'm thinking that is not the only brand of barrel I have seen it on.  Can't remember which brand, but I distinctly remember seeing a crown on a FSB and thinking to myself - "That's not on a Bushmaster barrel".  But then again, who knows, maybe I was dreaming.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:42:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Both my Bushy uppers have this mark.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Probably a machine-shop/foundry mark...

Remember: Bushmaster & most AR companies don't actually machine gun parts...

Colt, ArmaLite and Olympic are the only ones I can think of that do...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:54:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:33:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Both my BM uppers have the crown forgemark on the front post.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:46:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:22:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Troy,

My barrel says the same about the caliber and twist. I looked at a brand new Bushy AR 24" v match and it has the same ff handguards and markings.

Thanks to everyone for their help,
Doug
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top