Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/18/2004 2:42:47 PM EST
I just noticed that my FSB on my upper has a crown looking symbol on it and would like to know which manufacturer used it. I was told it was a Bushmaster upper assembly, but would like more info on it.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:52:30 PM EST
My bushmaster has the same 'crown' mark on the FSB.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:57:09 PM EST
I've had numerous Bushmasters with the crown on the FSB, but for some reason I'm thinking that is not the only brand of barrel I have seen it on. Can't remember which brand, but I distinctly remember seeing a crown on a FSB and thinking to myself - "That's not on a Bushmaster barrel". But then again, who knows, maybe I was dreaming.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:42:40 PM EST
Both my Bushy uppers have this mark.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:44:26 PM EST
Probably a machine-shop/foundry mark...

Remember: Bushmaster & most AR companies don't actually machine gun parts...

Colt, ArmaLite and Olympic are the only ones I can think of that do...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:54:03 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:33:06 AM EST
Both my BM uppers have the crown forgemark on the front post.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:46:03 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:22:15 PM EST

My barrel says the same about the caliber and twist. I looked at a brand new Bushy AR 24" v match and it has the same ff handguards and markings.

Thanks to everyone for their help,
Top Top