BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 1:57:53 PM EDT
Samson?

Troy?

Larue?

Daniel Defense?

Is there by chance one gas block that will fit under all of the above rail systems?  Everyone seems to have the Larue block, but I'm not sure if it will fit under other company's free-float forends.  I am looking to put a 12" rail over a GB in midgas configuration.

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:00:47 PM EDT
[#1]
the larue will fit under those three
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:08:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
the larue will fit under those three

By "those three" you mean Larue, DD, and Samson/Troy (because they're so similar), right?

Thanks for the quick response.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:32:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I may be wrong, but I thought that the PRI gas block would also fit under all three including the Larue. I'm sure a build that a friend has is equiped with the PRI/Larue 9.0 combo.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I may be wrong, but I thought that the PRI gas block would also fit under all three including the Larue. I'm sure a build that a friend has is equiped with the PRI/Larue 9.0 combo.

Is it a LT9.0 on a carbine gas system or a mid length?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:52:22 PM EDT
[#5]
the larue gas block is low profile enough to fit under all those freefloats and dont think the pri works with the larue.

but this only matters if you plan on using a freefloat that is longer than the gas system you plan on using. i.e. carbine bbl. with rifle freefloat so the gas block would have to fit underneath the rail.

but if you are using a 7.0 with a carbine bbl. then the gas block sits slightly forward of the freefloat so size would not matter.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Thats why I said I may be wrong, I am almost positive it is a carbine. Let me double check with him.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#7]
PRI
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a YHM Lightweight FF tube with the YHM Spectre low profile gas block. It looks and works great. If you want pics, I can send them.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:02:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats why I said I may be wrong, I am almost positive it is a carbine. Let me double check with him.

It is a carbine gas system, but it looks like the PRI just barely fits.

He was told when he bought the PRI gas block that it should fit under the Larue, but it may need to have a little material removed. His fit without any modification.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#10]
my PRI and Larue fit under my KAC and LArue handguards with more than enough clearance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top