Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 12:35:52 PM EDT
I have a Colt C More now but would like to update. What is the best all around sight for the AR 15?
Thanks Bruce
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends...  The EOTech, Tiji Reflex and Aimpoint compare more favorably.  The Triji ACOG is a completely different animal.  If you meant the Reflex, then I would say the better is the Aimpoint.  I had an EOTech and an M2 and just decided last week to keep the M2 and ditch the 551 that I had.  Don't get me wrong, both were great optics but I just felt more comfortable and shot better with the Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Most of the members here are using Aimpoint and EOTech for all around use.

I have both Aimpoint M2 and EOTech 551 and I like them both but for different uses.

My EOTech is mostly used in close ranges because it have a large 65 MOA ring that is easy to point plus it have a 1 MOA dot for longer ranges.

I like to use my Aimpoint for medium ranges it's just my own personal preference, I have been a long time Aimpoint user since the 90's.

Both brands have non-NV and NV models and as for battery life the Aimpoint have longer life.

Most members are saying that the dot Trijicon Reflex are not bright enough but they also have a new generation of the TriPower that was improved from the previous generation model.

I'm tempted to try the new gen TriPower next time I buy a dot sight.

Try to take a look at these dot sights in person so you could decide which ones you like.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends what you want/need out of your optic.

Personally I can't justify the cost of an ACOG for a fixed 4X scope (maybe the BAC setups).  I'd rather spend the $ on an IOR 1-5 illum CQB and a case of ammo.....

My eotech gets me out to 300 just fine, and if I need more, I have other options (and doubts of the 5.56's terminal energy anyway).

Just my opinion I could be wrong.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top