Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 3:52:32 PM EDT
I just built a Stag Arms lower with a sweet NY(pinned) M4 stock and I was thinking about getting a gas piston upper set up. I was thinking about a 16" standard setup with an Adams Arms. I wanted to get some input since many of the other brands as well as Adams Arms has been on the market for a while and by this time some serious testing must have been done. What about the cleaning aspect? Does it help a lot?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Take a look at Addax
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:26:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Im trying to figure out the same thing I cant decide which one has a clear advantage Adams Arms or CMMG but with the round count the guys at magpul must have and they have good luck I'mthinking about Adams arms I'm just wondering if the one piece carrier would be a big deal to have
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:26:04 PM EDT
[#4]
2nd the question about the one piece carrier. Does having the one piece carrier for the Adams Arms system really make that much difference? Are there any problems with using your standard carrier with the new key provided by Adams Arms installed?

Quoted:
Im trying to figure out the same thing I cant decide which one has a clear advantage Adams Arms or CMMG but with the round count the guys at magpul must have and they have good luck I'mthinking about Adams arms I'm just wondering if the one piece carrier would be a big deal to have

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
2nd the question about the one piece carrier. Does having the one piece carrier for the Adams Arms system really make that much difference? Are there any problems with using your standard carrier with the new key provided by Adams Arms installed?

Quoted:

Yeah it makes a huge difference.

Not to be a PITA, but could you elaborate on that? I plan on getting one for sure on my primary AR, but am trying to decide on whether or not it is nessasary on the "back-up"? Thanks in advance for the knowledge.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:43:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not to be a PITA, but could you elaborate on that? I plan on getting one for sure on my primary AR, but am trying to decide on whether or not it is nessasary on the "back-up"? Thanks in advance for the knowledge.

The 1pc carrier is designed much differently than a standard AR carrier. The most important advantage is the solid key that can never shear off. The skis on the rear of the carrier are also an improvement which helps with carrier tilt.

Thank you for the info. Considering the carriers are so expensive, I will just have to add them to the AA systems "gradually" over time. lol.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:53:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:14:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn Im a left guess ill have to hope hat AA comes out with a lefty carrier group CMMG already has one but iv read more good reviews about AA
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:13:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Have there been reports of bolts shearing with the carrier conversion?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:44:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Why dont you look at getting an MRP upper from LMT?  Their system is top notch with a one piece carrier and gas piston rod as well.  Whats more, the versitility built into the system for barrel changes is a nice option.  However this versatility comes at a price, the barrels are proprietary.  I'm just buying two more barrels over time (an SBR and a 6.8) and I'll be set.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:32:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The 1pc carrier is designed much differently than a standard AR carrier. The most important advantage is the solid key that can never shear off. The skis on the rear of the carrier are also an improvement which helps with carrier tilt.

Sounds like a winner.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top