Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/13/2006 12:03:13 PM EDT
A while back there was a thread about the USMC issuing a different sling than the "silent sling" that comes with most ARs.  IIRC one of the supporting dealers had them, but not on their web site.  Anyone remember which one it was?  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you asking about the standard web sling like this.

Iron Brigade Armory

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:29:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Are you asking about the standard web sling like this.

Maybe.   Can that one be set up as a loop sling for position shooting?  

I have a 2nd cousin coming back into town on leave from the Marines next month and I'm hoping to get some range time with him while he's back.  Last time we took my ARs out he tried to sling up and the silent sling I had wasn't what he was used to.  I want to get the "right" one for him to use this time.  He was in basic about 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#3]
When in stalled on the rifle you pull the clip off the butstock open up the loop of fabric rotate it ant put your arm thru. you then wrap your arm around it "sort of" and put your support hand on the handguards wherever is appropriate for you.

When installed on the weapon properly there will be a loop of fabric between the sling keeper buckle that  attaches to the butstock and the M buckle that holds the sling together this is the loop you open up to put your arm thru.

It is more of a thing to be used at the range though as is is awkard and slow.

Here is the general idea using a leather sling on older issue weapons. However is is shown a little differently there with this sling you detach is from the buttstock adjust it to length and put your arm thru.

Click Me

Edited to add  here you go check this out

Click Me

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top