Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 2/13/2006 11:03:13 AM EST
A while back there was a thread about the USMC issuing a different sling than the "silent sling" that comes with most ARs. IIRC one of the supporting dealers had them, but not on their web site. Anyone remember which one it was?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:08:01 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/13/2006 11:14:51 AM EST by USMC88-93]
Are you asking about the standard web sling like this.

Iron Brigade Armory

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:29:24 AM EST

Originally Posted By USMC88-93:
Are you asking about the standard web sling like this.

Maybe. Can that one be set up as a loop sling for position shooting?

I have a 2nd cousin coming back into town on leave from the Marines next month and I'm hoping to get some range time with him while he's back. Last time we took my ARs out he tried to sling up and the silent sling I had wasn't what he was used to. I want to get the "right" one for him to use this time. He was in basic about 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:35:44 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/13/2006 11:44:00 AM EST by USMC88-93]
When in stalled on the rifle you pull the clip off the butstock open up the loop of fabric rotate it ant put your arm thru. you then wrap your arm around it "sort of" and put your support hand on the handguards wherever is appropriate for you.

When installed on the weapon properly there will be a loop of fabric between the sling keeper buckle that attaches to the butstock and the M buckle that holds the sling together this is the loop you open up to put your arm thru.

It is more of a thing to be used at the range though as is is awkard and slow.

Here is the general idea using a leather sling on older issue weapons. However is is shown a little differently there with this sling you detach is from the buttstock adjust it to length and put your arm thru.

Click Me

Edited to add here you go check this out

Click Me

Top Top