Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2010 8:28:43 AM EDT
I am working on my slowly but surely soon to be completed SPR.  I thought I was decided on the stock, but now I am backtracking.  I had previously decided on an LMT SOPMOD, but I have recently been drooling over pictures of Vltor EMods.  The features that I find appealing are:

-The butt offers more surface area as in it is taller (vertically) than the SOPMOD.
-It is slightly heavier than the SOPMOD to perhaps better balance out an 18" SPR barrel with 13.2" rail.
-The clubfoot design of the EMod allows for hooking the stock with your off-hand while shooting prone or from a bench.  This SOPMOD lacks this feature and has a more traditional shape to it.

Which would you choose and why?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 9:54:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I have both, I sold the emod and got another LMT sopmod. I like the LMT better .Less bulky and seems lighter.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#2]
i had a SOPMOD on that exact configuration - 18" medcon barrel [LT stealth] with 13.2" rail - and it was much too light to balance right...

personally i found the SPR to be one of the configurations where an UBR would be appropriate...
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#3]
needs moar poll

oh and LMT SOPMOD FTW!
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#4]
VLTOR A5. The LMT buttplate is uncomfortably straight, and frankly, the mid length buffer is the shit.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's a pic of the Vltor Emod on my SPRish build so you can get a idea of what it looks like.

Hope it helps

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top