Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/21/2005 5:59:53 PM EDT
I am getting a barrel soon, probably off of the EE, and I plan on using the cheapest ammo I can find in it. The logical choice is Wolf. I have heard horror stories of it getting caught in the chamber after extended shooting sessions. Would it be better to get a tight .223 chamber, so the coating has no room to expand and stick, or is it better to have a looser 5.56 chamber that is large enough that an amount of the coating can stick, and still not jamb the case in the chamber?
I am buying this to shoot Wolf through it, if you are telling me not to shoot Wolf, don't bother to reply, I am not going to acknowledge it. I have .22s, and they don't do it for me, and this is the cheapest way to go about shooting a real cartridge.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:24:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:25:39 PM EDT
Find a 5.56 chamber and shoot the Poly wash Wolf..The laquered ammo, if you have some of that, still wont give you a problem..
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:49:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/21/2005 6:49:56 PM EDT by JaketheSnake]
Please make sure to clean it after you shoot it. I shoot Wolf too, no problems here, but if you shoot alot of wolf rounds then start shooting brass nato spec rounds again. You will run the chance of getting a round stuck in the chamber due to lacquer build up. I did that. I is the only malfunction my little carbine has had to date.

Chrome lined is definately the way to go.

Like New-ARGuy says "Go chrome or go home!"
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:04:02 PM EDT
Stick with a 5.56 chamber, and like new-arguy said, it'd be better yet if it was chrome-lined.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:37:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By new-arguy:
chrome lined 5.56 chamber would be your best bet.

I agree that is *BEST*.
That said, I have a non-chromed .223 M1S barrel with thousands of rounds of wolf thru it, 500 since last cleaning, not one failure or stuck case. So don't worry to much.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:54:01 PM EDT
Thanks for the input. Now to find some cash, anyone want to buy some of my stuff?
IM for a list of the stuff I can part with if interested.
Top Top