Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/3/2006 11:30:03 AM EST
I know there are hydraulic buffers, standard, H, H2, and H3. On my M4 I have the H buffer on a Colt collapsable stock. I changed the barrel from a standard M4 to the heavier M4 (full under the handguards) and just got to wondering which buffer is the correct one.

I am unsure how the military denotes which buffer should be used. Are they going by simple upgrades, IE- its just a reliability package, or going by which barrel is installed on the carbine?

No need to go into the differences between them, I already know that. Just wondering how they decided which buffer goes in which configuration carbine.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:10:32 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:04:59 PM EST
If it's not too much trouble to the OP, I wouldn't mind if somebody explained the difference. Also, would a hydraulic buffer stop that "SPROING!" sound?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:39:29 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:45:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By C4iGrant:
The "sproing" noise you hear is normal.

Might be normal, but it's kinda irritating.

Thanks for the information. I was looking at the Enidine ones, seeing that you run one is definately an endorsement for them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:20:24 PM EST
Walrus, do you happen to shoot an M1A or Garand? Or any other gun that uses grease? If so, pull out your buffer spring and put just a very very thin film of grease on the spring. I mean very thin, almost not visible. You may be suprised with the results. I've done this and it quiets down the noise a lot more than you'd think, and in my experience has not affected reliability at all.
Top Top