Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/5/2006 7:07:00 AM EDT
I have been looking at 44Mag's web site for another batch of mags. My M16 is cycling around 750 rpm, and some of my mags can't keep up.

Anyway, which would feed faster and smoother - the teflon D&H mags with standard spring , or the dry film mags with the chrome silicon spring?

(I didn't see an option for teflon mag with chrome silicon spring, and buying them and installing them kind of negates 44Mag's low prices.)
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:16:28 AM EDT
I'd say that any USGI mags would fit the bill. I'm using "pre-ban" Okay Industries 30-rounders with my M16 and have never had a malfunction. They still have the stock springs, with the only addition being green followers.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:18:22 AM EDT
I have the same problem with Orlites. If you're using older USGI you might consider a spring/follower change and/or just a thorough cleaning. 750 rpm doesn't seem excessive to me - maybe a bit less than my carbine uppers run. Mags should keep up.

I bought some of the new mfg D&H 20s and was surprised to find the allowable COL just slightly less than everything else in my mag bins. Even so, everything I use fits - albeit barely - and have had no FTFeeds.

Sam
Top Top