Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/24/2006 5:04:30 AM EDT
Preferably something with the BAC option so it can be used for CQB or distance shooting.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:12:59 AM EDT
[#1]

The TA11E or TA11C...pick your poison...chevron or donut.

I prefer the TA11E on my flattop.  To me the chevron is easy to get on target and very helpful when trying to be accurate.  THe tip of the chevron make a nice aiming point.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:53:39 AM EDT
[#2]
IMHO there are better options than an ACOG of any flavor for  7.62

Your $, your call.

good luck
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The TA11E or TA11C...pick your poison...chevron or donut.

I prefer the TA11E on my flattop.  To me the chevron is easy to get on target and very helpful when trying to be accurate.  THe tip of the chevron make a nice aiming point.

How much does a TA11E cost? Are they difficult to find? Is it made for a flattop (i.e. not calibrated for a carry handle)?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered the TA11E.

I paid just over a grand, that was the best deal I could find. Dealer said it would be 2-4 months before it arrived though.

To the best of my knowledge they're flat top calibrated (they ship with a flat top mount so I kinda figure....).
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I paid just over a grand, that was the best deal I could find. Dealer said it would be 2-4 months before it arrived though.

To the best of my knowledge they're flat top calibrated (they ship with a flat top mount so I kinda figure....).

You should have ordered from CSgunworks.com, here on the boards, He has them in stock and there is AR15.com pricing better than on his web site.
I believe Wes at MSTN may have some in stock too.
chuck
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:17:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
IMHO there are better options than an ACOG of any flavor for  7.62

Your $, your call.

good luck

Care to share?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should have ordered from CSgunworks.com, here on the boards, He has them in stock and there is AR15.com pricing better than on his web site.
I believe Wes at MSTN may have some in stock too.
chuck

It was one if those two that said they could only get me a TA11C.

$1021 was the best price I found anywhere, and the wait isn't any big deal since I wont be home until July anyways.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I tried about 5 places (including a few on the EE) today via phone and no one had the TA11E in stock. I finally found a TA11C at DSA. I had to order the flattop mount with it though.

Question: Since I ended up buying the TA11C and had to get the mount for it separately, it obviously is calibrated for a carry handle height (right?). How much deviation will there be on the hold-overs across the various distances when mounted on a flattop?    
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:31:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Read the "BIG ACOG CHART" tacked at top of page.

You should seriously consider calling and canceling that order if you have to wait that long and order it from csgunworks.com, why wait if they have them in stock?
chuck
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:52:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I tried about 5 places (including a few on the EE) today via phone and no one had the TA11E in stock. I finally found a TA11C at DSA. I had to order the flattop mount with it though.

Is it too late to cancel the TA-51 and get a Larue ACOG mount?  TA-51 is good unless you need to remove it.  It won't return to zero as well as the Larue.

TA11E = Flattop BDC
TA11C = Carry Handle

Either way you will have to do some shooting and see where POI is for each mark.  I can't remember exact numbers but BDC in each are caliberated using some pretty high velocities out of 24"+ barrels with 168 grain bullet.

IIRC the TA11F BDC was pretty close to that of a 168 projectile as well.  

Zak Smith where are you?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:58:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I am running a TA11C in a LaRue flattop mount.

I am zeroed at 100yds.  I intend, when Quantico opens the 1000yd range to find out what the stadia corresponds to....

I am fairly unconcerned as they will correspond to some distance, and I just need to find it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:26:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Okay. I looked on the tacked ACOG thread at the top of the page. According to what it says, if I am using M852 ammo (168gr match) with the TA11C mounted on a flattop instead of a carry handle and if I sight it in 0.7" high at 100 yards it will be within half an inch of the BDC out to 600. That's close enough for my uses. I do have some real M852 but will probably substitute Black Hills 168gr Match (which is comparable IIRC).

Now if someone could figure out what M80 Ball would do.........

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#13]
TA11E.  Faaaaaaaabulous.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top