Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2010 11:09:20 AM EDT
Here are the options I'm considering:
- 6P or 9P + Larue mount + TNVC TX-4 conversion head: the extra 30 min of battery life would be nice, but is it worth the additional weight? Or, does a 6P already make a rifle feel too front-heavy?

- E2D + Larue mount + TNVC E2 conversion head: about the same battery life as a 9P + TX-4, but only 25% the lumens.

I will mount it on my BCM 16" middy + Larue 9.0 + Aimpoint M3 in Larue cantilever mount upper and could swap between a few different lower set-ups to get a feel for the best balanced set-up.

If you run a Surefire in a Larue mount, do you prefer the regular of off-set mount? Why?
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 12:05:49 PM EDT
I'll answer your last question...

I like the offset mount with the light mounted on top. I put my thumb on the "plate" part of the mount. There is a little indention there, and It gives me a spot I can consistently index my hand to. Also I can reach my thumb up to operate the button on the back of the light without moving my hand.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 4:06:57 PM EDT
What sort of light do you run?

Do you feel like it's a stretch to push the button, or is it comfortable?
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 4:29:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/20/2010 4:30:01 PM EDT by beitodesstrafe]
Currently an L4 (which has the same body as an E2). I don't feel it is an uncomfortable stretch. I do have have fairly large hands, but I have the mount centered on the light. If I moved the light forward, it would be even less of a stretch.

Hope that makes sense!

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:28:48 PM EDT
Definitely thanks for the heads up!

I'm going to go with the off-set mount... now on to the light.
Top Top