Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 7:27:03 PM EDT
Help me out, I have been searching and reading previous posts for info but I cant decide.
GG&G or Daniel Defense burnsed loop or something else.

Thanks
Brian
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#1]
32 views w/o any input? Come on people, help me out!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:39:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Burnsed Loop on my A1/A2 rifles. I just moved to a collapsible stock and haven't decided what to do yet.

But you can't go wrong with the Burnsed Loop.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used the Burnsed and the GG&G and much prefer the DD.  Also, DD is a much better company to work with than GG&G.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, keep em coming
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I like DD's Loop-it sits lower so you aren't banging your finger on it while operating the charging handle.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:06:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I tried a bunch of slot style sling loops, and was disappointed every time- I kept hanging my fingers up when operating the charging handle. I also didn't like having to disassemble the sling to remove it or attach it to the slot in the adapter.

Now I use the GRSC loop, with a snap hook on the sling. This is what I've been using for a couple years now and it's been working GREAT. The sling mounts at a point below where my fingers need to be, out of the way, and the sling can be quickly removed from the firearm and reattached without any drama.

More info and pics here:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=168249&w=searchPop

Thanks for all the help Cory. Order inbound.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:18:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I personally like the one that Bushmaster makes.....
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
32 views w/o any input? Come on people, help me out!

Are you going to use a 1, 2 or 3pt sling?   Are you right or left handed?  Do you need QD ability?   What type of attachment will your sling have?   Are you running a fixed or collapsible stock?  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:55:39 AM EDT
[#10]
i'm also a DD guy.  i had the GG&G for awhile and the two main drawbacks to it were that 1)  it is positioned higher so it would interfere w/ bolt manipulation and 2) it was not dehorned like the DD plate.  i fould the rough edges cause a lot of wear on my wilderness single point sling.  the DD is a lot smoother and i do nor forsee it being as much of a problem, although i don't yet have data to prove this.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:39:58 AM EDT
[#11]
DD for me
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:41:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Did a T&E several years back.
Took several months in the field, involving more than 100 troopies, and half a dozen different slings and mounting solutions.

The clear winner was he one with the Patent, that the others have copied poorly.

GRSC CAR-A.

Currently have a large number of rifles in daily use, 24-7, under less than optimal conditions with the CAR-A and sling attached.

The only issue is minor, and involves another vendor.

Service at GRSC is first rate, personal, and cheaper than with the others to boot.

The thng is out of the way, does not bend during abusive use ( the GG&G units DID!), the finish does not succumb to environmentals any faster than the finish on the rifle,  and after mounting a large number without finding a single abberation in dimension, I feel comfy to state thet they are the best on the market.

Have a Prototype slot and hook model on one M4 that is getting beaten up weekly.
if this one becomes production, it will be a winner all around.

The outside radius of the thing dosn't "Dig" and snag on the snivel gear, and allows access to the forward assist.
Can't say the same for the others.

S-28
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:45:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I  ordered mine off the DPMS web site, it has the ambidextrous  hook/loops on each side.

TG  
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top