Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/16/2004 7:59:12 PM EST
I have the chance to purchase either a Bushmaster Carbine A3 (in "preban" config.) for just under a grand or a Colt LE6920 M4 for just over a grand. In actuality, the price difference is about $150 between the two.

Since I can't get both of them.....and trust me, I'd love to......I have to choose between one of the two. I don't know if the Bushmaster is "LE/Mil" marked or not.

Is the Bushmaster mil-spec or "close but no cigar"?

Which would you choose?

Help!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:32:47 PM EST
Rock River Arms.

But between a Bushy and a Colt, I'd definately take the Bushy. Believe it or not: Bushmaster is the most milspec rifle out there. Bushy has the chrome lined bbl, standard milspec fire control components, and the lower will accept a auto sear (if you should buy one later down the road). The Bushy is also as you stated, cheaper. Customer service is top notch!

I personally don't like the Colts. They are way over priced for starters. They use odd sized lower reciever components---not mil spec. Yes the Colt will accept an auto sear (I think). Yes the bbls are chrome lined but big bucks. Their quality control can be a bit loopy as well as their customer service.

I'm not sure if even the Colt is LEO marked. If it has a true M4 bbl then it's only 14.5" in length. Even by permanently affixing the A2 flash suppressor you still would'nt be to the 16" minimum. Extra paperwork and another $200 there. (Or a Vortex/Phantom f/s)

All in all...For me, Colt is the one that is "close but no cigar". Get the Bushy. You'll have a better rifle with extra $$$ to spend on a tac light, scope, mags, ect.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:36:01 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:38:46 PM EST
I don't think the Bushy is LEO marked after doing some looking.

Just be sure to get a 1/7 twist bbl for the heavier rounds or you'll be sorry! Ha ha.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:52:27 AM EST
I agree with the RRA suggestion. Why pay more for a Colt product? If you must choose only between those two, go Bushmaster. BTW, I own all three and find no difference in performance.

Regard,

Gary
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:35:20 AM EST
Thanks for the replies...much appreciated.

Bushy it is.....I'll check the bore twist though first.

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:38:30 AM EST

Originally Posted By SRFL:
I have the chance to purchase either a Bushmaster Carbine A3 (in "preban" config.) for just under a grand or a Colt LE6920 M4 for just over a grand. In actuality, the price difference is about $150 between the two.

Since I can't get both of them.....and trust me, I'd love to......I have to choose between one of the two. I don't know if the Bushmaster is "LE/Mil" marked or not.

Is the Bushmaster mil-spec or "close but no cigar"?

Which would you choose?

Help!

Fuck colt get the bushy.
Colt don't want to sell to civis, they don;t want our business so why give it to them.
Top Top