Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 11:33:12 AM EDT
I want to get into these target shoots that they have here at the local gun range. It's all shot on the 100yard range and the only rules i really found was that the rifles have to have Iron Sights. It also says that rifles that DO follow NRA highpower rules are preferred, but they are not required.
I've pretty much decided that i would like to get a DPMS Rifle and i do not want to build this one myself.
Which one of these rifles would be the best for that?
DPMS Panther CMP
DPMS Panther Bull Classic

Is there another DPMS rifle that would be better suited?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:44:21 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I want to get into these target shoots that they have here at the local gun range. It's all shot on the 100yard range and the only rules i really found was that the rifles have to have Iron Sights. It also says that rifles that DO follow NRA highpower rules are preferred, but they are not required.
I've pretty much decided that i would like to get a DPMS Rifle and i do not want to build this one myself.
Which one of these rifles would be the best for that?
DPMS Panther CMP
DPMS Panther Bull Classic

Is there another DPMS rifle that would be better suited?

If you do I bet you will end up shooting high power some day and the CMP rifle is built for that. I love shooting high power but I just don't have the equipment anymore to do it. The DPMS CMP is what I will be getting when I go back to it though.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it not as good as the Bull classic, since the CMP doesn't have a free float handguard? Does the CMP have more desireable features?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:47:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Is it not as good as the Bull classic, since the CMP doesn't have a free float handguard? Does the CMP have more desireable features?

The CMP DOES have a free float handguard. And the Bull classic is not a high power allowed service rifle.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:47:32 AM EDT
[#4]
The CMP has a free float handguard hidden cleverly under a stock handguard. I suggest you go with that, so you can compete one day.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top