Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 1/25/2009 4:52:24 AM EST
I'm looking at pruchasing a PTR-91 Which model is prefered? The KFM4 with the 16" barell with forward hand rails or the F model with the 18" barell and no forward hand rails? Which one will be more accurate at longer distances? I already have a S&W AR17, Rem 870 and a Mini14 and S&W M&P 40SW pistol. Just looking for that final addition to round out my SHTF collection. Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:59:51 AM EST
I originally wanted the PTR MSG model for (long range shooting) with the adjustable stock, rails, bipod, etc., but it was not available. So I did the next best thing and got the PTR-91 with the 18 inch barrel and the tactical handguard for about $500 dollars less. I've put about $200 into it by adding a Harris bipod, YHM bipod mount, a PTR three inch rail to mount the bipod and the MFI low profile rail for a scope. I like the original stock just fine, so I saved myself $300 by going this route. The 16 inch barrelled model didn't appeal to me b/c I have carbines that fit that role much better than a heavy, hard-kicking 308 rifle.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:14:44 AM EST
I just got the standard 18" PTR91 (I think it's the "K" model)

Love it!    I added a H&K wide forearm with the bipod and a carry handle.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:57:50 AM EST
I would get the 18" version, then added what I want after I figured out what I like=cheaper  The rails and all the do-dads might look cool, but on that rifle they are not need/add too much weigh and serve no goo purpose

YMMV
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:01:38 AM EST
There is another section under armory for just HK guns, you'll prolly get better respones in there. The mods might move it anyway.
Top Top