Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2004 1:37:36 PM EDT
Hey, Im new here and I'm going to purchase a M4 AR rifle soon since there isnt a ban anymore.  Im wondering what is the best rifle out there and that comes the closest to the military look.I've come down to two choices.  Colt or Bushmaster. The Colt LE6920 ($1100) with the thick handgaurd,bayonet lug, 16in barrel with the step down, A2 birdcage flash suppressor, removable carrying handle,and 4 position or 6 position(which ever stock it comes with) telescoping stock?  Like this minus the scope. http://C:\Documentshttp://C:\Documents

Or the Bushmaster($1000) 14.5in barrel with a permanet phantom 5 port flash suppressor making it 16in so I dont have to get a SBR liecense. with boyent lug and ect. Or without the phantom and just the 16in like the colt. I Dont have a pic but I think you guys know what im talking about.Those pics for the Colt might not come out either. :P

Which one is the best and most accurate?
Thanks
-Matt
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#1]
It doesn't matter.  They are both excellent rifles.  Whatever you prefer, go with it.  Really.

And welcome to the site.

Edit: Get both.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:51:34 PM EDT
[#2]
In the spirit of  Arfcom  "Get both!"
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Get two of each! Both are great rifles, but I prefer the BM for political reasons.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:58:26 PM EDT
[#4]
You just opened a big can of worms. Colt fans will tell theirs and the same with Bushmaster. We shoot colts at work, and I was in the same delima. I went with a Bushmaster. The price is right, the quality is high. No doubt colt is the same,but they are concentrated on the military.I am not a big Colt fan. I have never had a problem with my Bushy. Research it and make a choice. The Colt will always have a higher resale because of a name. My opinion is that you have the same freakin product,one with a older name and longer history but both offer quality products. My biased answer would be the Bushmaster, look at the online catalog and support they offer. Unbiased answer would be to research both weapons, both are good. Find a dealer or shop that isn't biased and offers both and compare the two.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:48:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy a Bushmaster complete lower with the collapsable stock and an LMT M4 upper assembly.  Bushmaster quality is impressive.  LMT quality is above and beyond; better than any Colt or Bushmaster.

Also less expenive because you won't pay for the name.

Bushmaster lower with 6 position: $279
LMT complete upper: $485
Bolt/Carrier: $95

Total: $859

If you don't want to stick 2 parts together and buy a complete rifle, Bushmaster.

Just my $0.02 on something less expensive and of better quality.

Mac
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#6]
LMT? what does it stand for?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Lewis Machine & Tool

It's a company.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:03:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lewis Machine & Tool

It's a company.

An exceptionally good company.

www.globaltactical.com/axami/shop.php?grd=128&prd=152

www.bravocompanyusa.com/M4Uppers.html

www.gandrtactical.com/

Just ask around on the boards if you don't believe me. They are better than any Bushmaster of Colt.  Colt and Bushmaster are very good, but my and others experiences have shown that they really are the best.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top