Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2011 6:27:07 PM EDT
I have a RRA A4 Flattop with a 20" barrel and I want to put a Larue Mount on my rifle but I don't know if the LT-104 will be tall enough. I have a Nikon 4-16x42 scope. I want there to be plenty of clearance for a flip up BUIS in the future.

If you have a setup similar to mine with a 42mm objective I would love it if you could share a picture. Please tell me which mount you have on your rifle.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 5:49:16 AM EDT
[#1]
My Nikon 3-9X40 scope on LaRue LT-104 have plenty of clearance above my Troy BUIS which are 0.460" folded above the rail, I have not measured it because there's a good distance between them around maybe 0.3" to 0.4".

The LT-104 center of the mount is 1.5" above the rail which is about the same as the center of the BUIS aperture.

Sorry, no pic but I'm sure other members might post pics of the noted mount.

Link Posted: 4/25/2011 8:10:45 AM EDT
[#2]
While not an AR, here is my LT104 w/Trijicon TR24 mounted on a Sig556 Patrol. The OD of the TR24 objective is 1.7", or 43.2mm.

As AR3 indicated above, there is plenty of room for a Troy folder underneath the TR24/LT104. The only reason I don't run one is because the height of the OEM Sig front sight isn't compatible. You will have no such headaches with yours.

Good luck with your project, it sounds like a damn nice rig-pics will be mandatory

I own a Rock River bull-barreled upper and it's scary accurate, particularly with 69gr SMK handloads.

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 8:25:57 PM EDT
[#3]
picture as is right now––i'm looking to get rid of the Brownells riser and put in a LaRue mount––would like BUIS

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 6:41:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow, that's a very nice rig

Thank you for sharing the pic.

ETA: You won't be sorry with the LaRue mount-they are well worth the coin. The LT104 pictured above is my first LaRue for a "conventional" rifle scope. That said, I've been running their Aimpoint QD mounts for years-and I couldn't be happier with the durability and performance. Their return to zero capability is exceptional.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice setup, but it would definitely be better looking with a LaRue mount.

My Nikon scope and also probably yours have 1" diameter tubes, when I ordered mine I picked the 30mm ring size and also got a 30mm to 1" half ring inserts LT-136, because if I ever upgrade to a 30mm tube in the future I could use my same old mount.

They also have another type of mounting besides the usual QD lever, the VFZ mount are not QD which uses a LaRue wrench, it have the same excellent return to zero at a lower price and it's another option for guys that usually don't move their optics between different rifles.

Ref: LaRue Tactical Ring Inserts - LaRue site link

Post a pic again when you changed to your new mount.

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#6]
do you mind posting a picture of your rifle? Before I buy one, I want to make sure there is plenty of room for a BUIS! Thanks in advance!

Quoted:
Nice setup, but it would definitely be better looking with a LaRue mount.

My Nikon scope and also probably yours have 1" diameter tubes, when I ordered mine I picked the 30mm ring size and also got a 30mm to 1" half ring inserts LT-136, because if I ever upgrade to a 30mm tube in the future I could use my same old mount.

They also have another type of mounting besides the usual QD lever, the VFZ mount are not QD which uses a LaRue wrench, it have the same excellent return to zero at a lower price and it's another option for guys that usually don't move their optics between different rifles.

Ref: LaRue Tactical Ring Inserts - LaRue site link

Post a pic again when you changed to your new mount.

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Here you go, mounted on my Colt 6721 with LaRue rails, EMOD stock and MIAD grip, there's about a mile distance between the top of my Troy BUIS and bottom of my 3-9X40 scope's ocular bottom

I actually measured it with my scale and it's around 1/4" gap between the scope and top of the BUIS (YMMV).

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Update: I ordered a LT-135 from SKD tactical today. They are having a 25% off with promo code "SUCKIT" untill 2200 today. There is a thread floating around here somewhere!
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice work Ribeye! Looking forward to the "after" pics

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top