Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2012 6:57:33 AM EDT
I'm in the market for another LWRC and I'm kinda torn on which to buy next. I currently own a SPR and now looking at a M6A3 that I can get for a really good price, down payment on an IC, or ordering a REPR. I know all are good choice and it comes down to what I plan on doing with the rifles.

The rifle will be a range gun and just a range gun.  

Here are the key points on the guns that really have me torn between them:

M6A3 - Great price that I really don't want to pass up on (gun is new with accessories that I can sell making the price of the gun itself around $14~$1500)
IC - Without an exact release date I don't want to be on a waiting list for 6+ months. I can use that money now and just purchase the gun when it does come out.
REPR - $$$$$$; I can fully accessories any of the previous 2 choices for the price of the REPR
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 10:04:59 AM EDT
Unless you just want a .308, I'd go for the good deal on the a3. They are sweet rifles. On the other hand, it won't do anything your spr can't do, and you'd probably sell it to fund the IC when it comes out. You wouldn't sell a repr, probably.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 11:09:54 AM EDT
What about the M6SL (stretch lightweight)?  I really like the light profile barrel and midlength MOE handguards on them.  One of the nicest "simple" piston guns out there IMHO
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 11:52:39 AM EDT
The M6A3 is now discontinued.  So snap it up while you can.  I have one in FDE and I love it.  However, if you plan on using it for home defense or SHTF, the front sight is pretty lame as it is built into the rail.  But if you plan on running optics, it is great.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:03:22 PM EDT
Quoted:
Unless you just want a .308, I'd go for the good deal on the a3. They are sweet rifles. On the other hand, it won't do anything your spr can't do, and you'd probably sell it to fund the IC when it comes out. You wouldn't sell a repr, probably.

The .308 is more of a want that anything else.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:09:42 PM EDT
Quoted:
What about the M6SL (stretch lightweight)?  I really like the light profile barrel and midlength MOE handguards on them.  One of the nicest "simple" piston guns out there IMHO

I owned the SL for about a week before I returned it for the SPR. After doing a little research on handrails and changing out the front sight I was around the same price of buying a M6A2. Unfortunately changing out the front site on the SL isn't as simple as changing out the front gas block. After speaking with tech support @ LWRC they said I'd have to rebarrel the SL to use a different gas block and I'm not a big fan of the A-frame front sight.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:18:46 PM EDT
I don't think you'd be able to get your hands on a first run IC at this point. Everything I've read shows been pre sold out for months. Unless you put money down on one way back when.

Buy the REPR, save your pennies again and then get a IC Get both ya know?
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:22:33 PM EDT
Quoted:
The M6A3 is now discontinued.  So snap it up while you can.  I have one in FDE and I love it.  However, if you plan on using it for home defense or SHTF, the front sight is pretty lame as it is built into the rail.  But if you plan on running optics, it is great.

Home defense and SHTF is really the last thing on my list of things I would ever want to do with my rifles. I just really enjoy shooting pieces of paper and targets.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:25:38 PM EDT
Quoted:
I don't think you'd be able to get your hands on a first run IC at this point. Everything I've read shows been pre sold out for months. Unless you put money down on one way back when.

Unfortunately, I think you might be right about getting a first run IC. I've been doing a lot of research on them and I've read of people that have had their deposit down since last year and there is still no official work on a release date.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 3:02:06 PM EDT
Of the 5.56 guns currently available, I'd go for an A5.  If you can wait, an IC.

In the meantime, I'm picking up my second REPR tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 5:53:17 PM EDT
A3 is an outstanding rifle and the front sight is fine.  Mine is moa with factory ammo.  If u dont buy it, tell me so i can.

I have a2, a3, love them
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 7:50:58 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately, I think you might be right about getting a first run IC. I've been doing a lot of research on them and I've read of people that have had their deposit down since last year and there is still no official work on a release date.

IC is reported to be shipped mid Nov. Buy another SPR. You can have a 14.7" and a 16". I absolutely LOVE both of mine.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 8:12:58 PM EDT
If you already have an SPR (I do too!) I'd go for the REPR just for something different. Especially if it is just going to be a range gun. The only 5.56 rifle I would get besides my SPR is a UCIW or some SBR variant.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 4:59:18 AM EDT
I've been trolling the LWRC forum for months and without official word on their main website I consider all the news about the IC just gossip.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:02:00 AM EDT
Quoted:
If you already have an SPR (I do too!) I'd go for the REPR just for something different. Especially if it is just going to be a range gun. The only 5.56 rifle I would get besides my SPR is a UCIW or some SBR variant.

SBR's aren't really in the cards for me right now as I don't have a stamp and would just have me in the same boat as waiting for the IC.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:57:17 AM EDT
Do I have to to acquire my CLEO signature everytime I purchase a class 3 item or is it something I only have to do once?

TIA
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:40:05 PM EDT
Pretty sure they've done away with the CLEO thing...but get a trust drawn up and you can just put all your NFA items on the trust as and when you buy them.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:20:01 PM EDT
I owned an LWRC M6A2 which I loved. But I have to say, ever since I got my POF I can't ever go back to LWRC. Yes, it's that much better.  :)
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 12:16:36 PM EDT
Quoted:
I owned an LWRC M6A2 which I loved. But I have to say, ever since I got my POF I can't ever go back to LWRC. Yes, it's that much better.  :)
No its not that much better. I can post up about twenty threads in the past year on this site alone of complaints about poor customer service and shitty craftsmanship from POF with pictures for proof. If the OP was interested in a POF your advice would be fine, but how about you keep your opinions in threads pertaining to POFs.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 3:20:06 PM EDT
REPR...I shot a 12.5 last week with a surefire can and still have wood....
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 6:07:53 PM EDT
Of all the rifles I fired at the Big Bang Shoot before SHOT, the 12.5 inch REPR was my favorite. That thing was awesome.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 5:50:31 AM EDT
I guess the REPR it is then and I'll just save up for the IC later.

Does anyone know of any good deals on a REPR?

The best deal I could find is 32 on a 20" and  28 on a 16".
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 10:17:55 AM EDT
That is pretty damn good. I would jump on that. If you would message me the location if it isn't too much trouble.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 11:40:52 AM EDT

Quoted:

REPR...I shot a 12.5 last week with a surefire can and still have wood....

aren't you supposed to seek medical attention if it goes more than four hours?  

Seriously, though, I'm jealous.  I plan on a 12.5 REPR for my next large expenditure (after the IC releases, that is).

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 11:41:36 AM EDT

Quoted:

That is pretty damn good. I would jump on that. If you would message me the location if it isn't too much trouble.

Yep, those are very good prices.  I'd be all over that.

Top Top