Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2004 8:59:07 PM EDT
I'm looking for a good grip for my "light sniper"/recon rifle and I think I've narrowed it down between a Sierra Precision grip or the Ergo Tactical Deluxe. I have pretty average sized hands and the standard Colt grip fits ok, but I wanted something that is a bit more ergonomic and my hand won't slip on when wet. Has anybody used either or both of these grips and could give me an opinion. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:00:48 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to try them both for yourself.  Hands sizes are too different to get an accurate reflection of what would work for you.

Of course, people could still let you know if they think one or the other is garbage.....
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:08:56 PM EDT
[#2]
well, I thought the std. ar grip was OK, but I got the HK-91 style grip from bushmaster, now I don't know how I shot with out it, comfortable and great ergo.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:34:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I've tried a lot of grips, and I just can't beat the Hogue. Cheap, non-slip, super-comfortable and oh yeah, cheap.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:03:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I really like the Sierra Precision grip.  Fit is nice, and quite strong (has taken a pretty good bash or 2 or 4).  I like it enough to consider putting them on all of my AR's.

I have never gotten it wet so I could not tell you how slippery it feels in that condition.

I have larger hands and it fills them well.  I believe if you hands are a size 8 or so (glove size) you shouldn't have any problems.

I've seen them go for $25.00 shipped on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:45:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Just switched to a Hogue and love it!

Steve
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:06:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got a Sierra Precision on my bench gun. Great grip, most comfortable hand filling grip I have ever used on an AR. The thumb shelf would make it difficult at best to use in the left handed mode and it is slippery when wet. Fine for bench work but not so good for a defensive rifle in my opinion.

I've got the Fobus G27 grip on my defensive rifle. I like it, others don't. I like the finger grooves and it is a bit wider front to back than the standard grip. That puts my trigger finger in a better firing position. I don't have large hands but I do have long fingers. The cover on the storage compartment of mine is useless. I have a spare battery for the Aimpoint in mine but it's duct taped to the inside of the grip.

A whole lot of people like the Hogue as stated above. I've never used a gun outfitted with this grip so I can't offer a comment on it. Good luck in your search. Good thing is grips are one of the few inexpensive things we put on our guns. You can afford to make a few mistakes and not be out too much $$.

Shabo
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:23:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Do any of the comfortable grips also offer storage?
pjc
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:09:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Mag-Pul should have their grip out very soon, well I hope.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top