Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2003 3:55:31 PM EDT
I'm stuck between one of two finishes for this side project I've got going.  I'm going with either a polished or bead blasted finish on stainless steel.  I know a lot of people like the bead blasted since it's flat.  Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 6:51:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the flat grey look of bead blast. Polished stainless turns any gun into a pimp gun.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I like the flat grey look of bead blast. Polished stainless turns any gun into a pimp gun.
View Quote

LOL, I HAVE A PIMP GUN...i never knew this. My bushmaster has a stainless steel barrel...will this make it a pimp gun?

However, my Beretta 92FS is Bead Blasted Stainless (INOX)

But to answer your question, It completely depends on what you're working on... For example, to me a shiny beretta (like tauruses') look like crap, but i love shiny Desert Eagles, or my shiny AR barrel...
But you can NEVER go wrong with that nice non-glare look of bead blasted.

To answer your question, It
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#3]
A stainless barrel on a AR isn't pimpy its a waste of money. It will wear out twice as fast as a chrome lined barrel, it harder to clean and isn't any better than a chrome molly barrel. I will disagree on one thing you said, a polished Desert Eagle = pimp daddy.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top