Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 3/9/2010 12:24:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2010 12:25:15 PM EDT by JIM762]
I'm considering a 14.5" bbl. w/ a 14.5" barrel and would have ADCO perm attach a FH/brake to bring to legal length.  I'm not real big on silencers...sorry.  I'm really leaning toward the FSC-556 because of it's awesome recoil/jump control, and it still does a little flsh suppressing.  

- Phantom     It's sturdy and effective.

- Extended A2.  Cheap and get's the job done.

- FSC-556    It's sturdy and does both FH and recoil dampening

- Vortex   It's awesome for FH, sturdy too.  

- AAC Blackout    It's awesome for FH, and sturdy?

- AAC Blackout/Brake w/ teeth for suppressor mount      Just incase I ever wanted a suppressor

- Surefire Brake/FH w/ teeth     Just in case I ever wanted to mount a suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:44:13 PM EDT
Vortex or the Blackout 51 tooth.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:47:27 PM EDT
Phantom 5C series
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:08:50 PM EDT
Vortex for performance
then the 5C1 for value/looks
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:09:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:17:22 PM EDT
Vortex It's awesome for FH, sturdy too.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:20:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By esq1995:
Phantom 5C series

This.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:22:39 PM EDT
look ive been throwing around this exact same thought for about a month now while i buy up all the parts to my new rifle, and here is my mindset

first off.......you want flash hiding capability.........so go ahead and there you have your list

- Phantom It's sturdy and effective.

- Extended A2. Cheap and get's the job done.

- FSC-556 It's sturdy and does both FH and recoil dampening

- Vortex It's awesome for FH, sturdy too.

- AAC Blackout It's awesome for FH, and sturdy?

- AAC Blackout/Brake w/ teeth for suppressor mount Just incase I ever wanted a suppressor

- Surefire Brake/FH w/ teeth Just in case I ever wanted to mount a suppressor.

now lets go ahead and weed out some, i chose to weed out the phantom just because i already have one and it really doesn't look that sturdy to me (im not gunna test it)

- AAC Blackout/Brake w/ teeth for suppressor mount Just incase I ever wanted a suppressor

ok now here is where we divide into two groups, suppressor and non suppressor...............well, it sounds like your really considering a suppressor in your future so i would go ahead and make a decision that supports that, and since the new Gemtech Halo's dont work with the FSC556 anymore, and the blackout without teeth wont support a suppressor that leaves you with

Now at this point my knowledge is limited and someone may want to follow from here because i am not sure if the A2 extened even works with the Gemtech Halo Suppresor or not, i doubt it does (so you may wind up Xing that). But anyways that leads you to basically a decision relying on what brand suppressor do you want. Because in the end your going to wind up with either....

- Extended A2. Cheap and get's the job done.  ––––––––––––––-(if it works with the Halo)

- Vortex It's awesome for FH, sturdy too.   ––––––––––––––(Gemtech Halo)

- AAC Blackout/Brake w/ teeth for suppressor mount Just incase I ever wanted a suppressor ––––––––––––––––-(Blackout M4/2000)

- Surefire Brake/FH w/ teeth Just in case I ever wanted to mount a suppressor.––––––––––––––––––––(whatever they use)

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:02:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2010 3:03:12 PM EDT by Blacksnake]
Just as a pure financial decision, if you have the cash go Vortex because it's hard to beat for flash control.

Else - Phantom or might I suggest the Saylor's Machine Phoenix (similar to phantom, sold by rainier arms).  I like damn near all of them, but these three are my favorites.  I do think the Phoenix could take more of a lick than the Phantom, so would rate it as studier without actual destructive testing.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:22:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2010 3:23:07 PM EDT by locke12]
Originally Posted By 98Z5V:
Originally Posted By esq1995:
Phantom 5C series

This.

Hell yeah. 5C1
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:30:38 PM EDT
Vortex would be my first choice but, if you're really serious about a supressor down the road, decide which suppressor you want most then get the FH for it..
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:03:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jBoy723:
Vortex would be my first choice but, if you're really serious about a supressor down the road, decide which suppressor you want most then get the FH for it..

well hell jboy723 pretty much said exactly what I was going to post..
I love my vortex and dont plan on changing until I get a suppressor down the road but that might be on an SBR anyways
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:10:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:23:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CopDr:
Vortex It's awesome for FH, sturdy too.

this
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:20:39 PM EDT
Yup, the Vortex will work on the new Halo - http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=20&t=303750
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 4:36:55 PM EDT
So, Is the Phantom not that sturdy?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:50:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By crowdlg:
Vortex or the Blackout 51 tooth.

+1
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:22:24 PM EDT
For performance
Vortex then Phantom

For cost
Phantom then Vortex

Just my .02