Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/1/2007 6:22:16 PM EDT
Couple of questions.

I can get a Bushmaster for 800.00 with their Junior discount. or

DPMS upper at Midway 491.99, and build the lower with the Stag receiver that I already have?

I'm kind of against the RRA, I buddy had bad luck with QC issues. Of course, I'll go with the RRA Trigger.

WOA I know is the best option, but when you take all in to consideration which is the best value? I'll only shot maybe 7 Highpower matches a year.

Bushmaster 800.
DPMS 650-700
WOA on ? 1150.

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:26:19 PM EDT
Against RRA but will use their trigger.

The DPMS upper will work fine and is the best when it comes to budget. Id prefer the Bushy but both are good choices. IMHO RRA is better than both.

Originally Posted By Bushmaster225:
Couple of questions.

I can get a Bushmaster for 800.00 with their Junior discount. or

DPMS upper at Midway 491.99, and build the lower with the Stag receiver that I already have?

I'm kind of against the RRA, I buddy had bad luck with QC issues. Of course, I'll go with the RRA Trigger.

WOA I know is the best option, but when you take all in to consideration which is the best value? I'll only shot maybe 7 Highpower matches a year.

Bushmaster 800.
DPMS 650-700
WOA on ? 1150.

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:49:23 AM EDT
Out of the box it's hard to beat the RRA. Having just said that, here is the way I would go...

Buy a complete Service Rifle Upper from White Oak for $695. It's more than just a nice barrel. His NM rear right is top shelf and comes with three hoods. Plus the front sight is windage adjustable for a no-wind zero.

If you need a lower, then go with the RRA lower w/2-stage trigger

Top shelf for $1060. If budget is an issue, then I would go with the RRA NM. RRA also offers Junior discounts.

I guarantee it will shoot better than you! Welcome to the greatest sport in the world!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:59:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By EL_TIRADOR:
Out of the box it's hard to beat the RRA. Having just said that, here is the way I would go...

Buy a complete Service Rifle Upper from White Oak for $695. It's more than just a nice barrel. His NM rear right is top shelf and comes with three hoods. Plus the front sight is windage adjustable for a no-wind zero.

If you need a lower, then go with the RRA lower w/2-stage trigger

Top shelf for $1060. If budget is an issue, then I would go with the RRA NM. RRA also offers Junior discounts.

I guarantee it will shoot better than you! Welcome to the greatest sport in the world!

I know nothing about about WOA, but I would like to point out that RRA has the free shipping and $100 off Christmas sale. I called my dealer and they got the price dropped on my order from the beginning of November. :) The cost of my RRA NM A2? $1029.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 12:01:29 PM EDT
Why not ArmaLite? But a DCM gun for $800 is hard to beat.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 12:52:58 PM EDT
How much is a RRA with the Junior program?

How are the Armalites? How much are they?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 12:55:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/2/2007 1:19:16 PM EDT by Chris1NY]
The "BIG" question is how much do you want to spent?

Some of the high end uppers are guarantee 1/2 MOA. There are a few companies that guarantee their uppers for 1/2 MOA. Start by doing an Internet search for "AR-15 1/2 MOA guarantee"

If for competition, I would get the high end ones, then if you don't win, you know it's not the rifle. Unless winning is no big deal and you just wanted the experience...which is also fine.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:37:23 PM EDT
I would like to spend as little as possible, but still have a nice accurate shooting gun. I'm sure the any gun would probable shot better then me.
Top Top