Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2004 1:01:18 AM EDT
Which Colt AR15 lowers have mil-spec takedown pins and mil-spec tirgger control group pins?
Edited to clarify title.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:22:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I am not aware of any---except for the mythical "white label" lower that Colt shipped in the late 80's and early 90's. I have never seen one, but have heard that they all were stamped "AR15 A2 HBAR"
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Will uppers made by other manufactures fit onto my Colt (pre-ban for 6 more days) Lower?  The front takedown pin has the screw in one side, but the diameter appears the same as the rear pin.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:08:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, just use the same screw.   There is a chance that some upper you may buy was drilled larger for a Colt large-hole lower, but that's probably less than 1%.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:00:00 AM EDT
[#4]
My Colt Sporter Target pre-ban had (Note HAD) the screw type fake pivot pin. The raised fence was already drilled for the detent and spring, including the "weep" hole. I simply removed it and replaced it with a standard diameter GI pushpin, detent and spring.

I may be wrong, but I THINK Colt stopped using the large pivot hole when they went to the A-2 type lowers. Using a "fake" push pivot pin with the screw in the left side of it. Some of the fences are drilled for the detent and spring, and some aren't.

I'm no expert, just what I have observed from samples I've seen. However, as has been stated below, there are all kinds of variations in Colt's with consistency a real hobgoblin.

Lonny

EDIT: It DOES, however have the large FCG pins, unfortunately.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top