Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/11/2006 5:43:01 AM EDT
I've got a Bushy 16" SL barrel inbound and need a bolt carrier group.  Should I spend the bucks and get the Bushmaster B/BC, or would the Del-Ton "Mil-Spec" unit be just as good at a way better price?

Thanks...
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:01:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, those all look very good.  Will the head space typically fall within specs when brands are mixed?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:08:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks, those all look very good.  Will the head space typically fall within specs when brands are mixed?

Yes.  The AR system is built to a spec on interchangeable parts.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:04:49 AM EDT
[#5]
If your going to be spending the money for an enhanced BCG wouldn't it be better to spend the extra 5 bucks and go with the M16 BCG versus the AR15 BCG

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If your going to be spending the money for an enhanced BCG wouldn't it be better to spend the extra 5 bucks and go with the M16 BCG versus the AR15 BCG

I was not aware that would be an improvement, or even lawful for that matter.

Kindly elaborate.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:28:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I would also wonder about the legality issue as i have always been under the impression based on what i have read that M16 parts are for NFA weapons only... yes I am aware there are no NFA parts in the B/BC group but the question still remains..

as regards to quality.. how are you garunteed the part is truly USGI? I have seen several fake USGI parts in my time
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:42:07 AM EDT
[#8]
The M16 bolt carrier is legal in an AR15. It is the other fire control components that will get you in trouble, but not the carrier.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:53:50 AM EDT
[#9]
what is the difference between an m16 BCG and a ar15 BCG?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:24:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
what is the difference between an m16 BCG and a ar15 BCG?

Just the sear trip area - it is machined out on an AR15.

The legalities have been debated ad nauseum.  That should be left to the legal forums, and not rehashed again.  Some feel it is completely legal by the letter of the law, some do not, by ATF interpretations.  

With the enhanced AR15 carriers, the weight difference is minimal.  If you arent willing to do all the research and make a completely informed decision, just get the AR15 carrier.  The ONLY benefit of the M16 carrier now is weight.... and somehow there have been thousands upon thousands of reliable AR15 carriers in use for the last 20 years.  It aint anything worth getting dogmatic about.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:36:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I have gotten the M16 bolt carrier, I would get that one instead of the AR15 model, its only 5 bucks more and its worth it...

this is what i gotten the other day ...

M16 Bolt and Carrier site

I dont know how they can check it if I were you ...

just follow what you think....
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Falarak,

how does having having a lighter bcg (assuming the m16 bcg is lighter) affect the performance of the rifle?

cbburke,

how is it worth it?  it costs alot of money to get an m16 legally, and an m16 bcg is meant for m16 trigger, not for a ar15 trigger.  im just a little bit skeptice. convince me otherwise.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:53:50 AM EDT
[#13]
for the M16, its only 5 bucks more. from what I have read, its the same thing as the AR15 Bolt and Carrier, but just little heavier since its mod for the M16

I have not gone to the range yet since i am still in the middle of building my AR due to the detents but thanks to two people who has helped me, i will be finishing it this weekend and iw ill post tie pictures ...

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:14:27 AM EDT
[#14]
i'm confused...someone please explain:

are chromed LINED bolt groups/carrier as corrosion resistant as it gets, or is there a step above that?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:24:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:07:45 AM EDT
[#16]
In case any one needs it,

Besides my Colt came with a M16 BCG

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top