Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/16/2004 8:24:53 PM EDT
Okay, I'm new at mounting optics on flat-tops.  On a Bushmaster no-ban M4A3  I  want to mount an ACOG and flip-up BUIS.  The Bushmaster catalog lists their flip-up ($75) and claims it's 1/8" lower than others when down.  Is this the right choice or is there a better one.  If so, brand and model number please.  I'll be ordering one Monday.

Thanks,

Rich
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:01:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Troy FBS-R or FBS-RA1, soon to be released.  Dual same-plane apertures, rock solid.  The A1 version locks windage just like the old-style Troy rear.  Lower than almost any other rear BUIS when folded.  Locks in the "up" position.

The old one:
 [ link to LARGER image ]

-z
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
For slightly more (less than $100) you can get an ARMS #40. In my opinion it is a much greater value than most other BUIS's. What ACOG mount are you getting? The #40 will fit under an ACOG with an ARMS or LaRue mount for sure, but may or may not fit under an ACOG with the Trijiconj TA51 mount. There is a low profile version called the ARMS #40L (L for low) thats about $10 more.  The #40L will fit under any of the above gauranteed.

Nothing wrong with the Bushmaster sight, but the #40 is probably much more durable, is spring loaded  which means it cant ever be knocked down and has no locking detents that can potentially break. It secures to the receiver better and has a better finish. In my opinion, thats worth the $25 more.

+1

ARMS #40A or #40L

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
+1 ARMS #40A or #40L

Im not sure the #40A will fit under the ACOG. Im pretty sure it wont. Thats why I only suggested the #40 and #40L.

I seem to remember trying this.  With a TA51 and the ACOG mounted rearward, I don't think it fits.   Typical TA11 mounting will work (ie, more forward).  

-z
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:03:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey, thanks guys!

I plan on ordering the TA51 mount so I guess the consensus is that the 40L is what I need.  Decisions, decisions (but that's half the fun, right?).  I have a Reflex II on an A2 that I'm happy with but am anxious to try the ACOG.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top