Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
7/8/2020 3:01:36 PM
Posted: 11/19/2008 4:00:31 PM EDT
There a a few different mounts for an ACOG Trijicon made by GG&G or ARMS.  Some have single throw levers while maybe another has double throw levers.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
~Dj
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:17:49 PM EDT
I have use both the ARMS 18S and the Larue LT100 and I recommend the LaRue model by far. It's much more sturdy, the levers are adjustable, and it's built like a tank. I have this one

LT100

but they also just came out with this model for people that like to keep their head back when they shoot

RCO mount

plus the customer service is amazing.

good luck!

Tom
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:33:14 PM EDT
can the RCO mount be placed further toward the muzzle as well? I see it is cut so that it rests on the rear of the A3 upper, so I guess ity would just rest on the rails if it was placed further forward.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:34:07 PM EDT
thats my understanding, but i've only seen it in pictures.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:55:57 PM EDT
+3 for the LaRue acog rco mount (I have 3 of them).
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:11:30 PM EDT
LaRue RCO.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:24:42 PM EDT
Check out the ADM ACOG mount in addition to the LaRue and GG&G mounts.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 11:31:07 PM EDT
What does everyone have against the mount Trijicon designed for it?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:43:21 AM EDT
If you need to pull a scope in the heat of combat, digging around for a screwdriver or hoping you have a quarter in your pocket might, just might, get you killed.
Way easier to tug a lever, dump the scope, and transition to your back up iron sights.
There is no point in adding a BUIS if you cannot get it into action very quickly.

That said I use the GG&G ACOG mount, I like that single lever and these mounts are built plenty strong enough to handle major abuse.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 10:49:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/20/2008 10:50:00 AM EDT by 12_gauge]
Originally Posted By Milo5:
If you need to pull a scope in the heat of combat, digging around for a screwdriver or hoping you have a quarter in your pocket might, just might, get you killed.
Way easier to tug a lever, dump the scope, and transition to your back up iron sights.
There is no point in adding a BUIS if you cannot get it into action very quickly.

That said I use the GG&G ACOG mount, I like that single lever and these mounts are built plenty strong enough to handle major abuse.

That BUIS will most likely be for show anyways. Most of the M16A4 users in Iraq don't even opt to bolt them on. I guess I just don't see the non-hypothetical advantage and would rather spend the coin on ammo. I have heard of more Matech's damaged beyond repair in combat/training than I have ACOG's. Come to think of it, I have not heard of an ACOG failing in the field.

Just my .02 and if someone can de-bunk it I may spend the $150 or whatnot to get me a throw-lever mount.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:13:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By insin:
There a a few different mounts for an ACOG Trijicon made by GG&G or ARMS.  Some have single throw levers while maybe another has double throw levers.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
~Dj

Neither.  If it isn't LaRue, I won't use it for optics/lights.  I've never dreamed of a singular product (ok, manufacturer) that works so damn well...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:24:42 AM EDT
I'll be the echo and say go Larue or go home.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:40:01 PM EDT
Larue FTW
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:37:32 PM EDT
Plenty of ACOG scopes get damaged in combat.
Back up sights are installed to do exactly what the nomenclature states, back up the other sight options on the weapon platform.
Larue products don't get me all warm and fuzzy and there are plenty of other options out there.
I would certainly not tell anyone else how to spend their money.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:56:49 PM EDT
I dont believe that the larue non believers have ever tried thier products, if they had they would see the "value" of a high dollar, high quality optic mount.

hey, for the guy who has 3 RCO mounts for the ACOG, can it be mounted anywhere on the upper or what?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 1:59:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 12_gauge:
Originally Posted By Milo5:

That BUIS will most likely be for show anyways. Most of the M16A4 users in Iraq don't even opt to bolt them on. I guess I just don't see the non-hypothetical advantage and would rather spend the coin on ammo. I have heard of more Matech's damaged beyond repair in combat/training than I have ACOG's. Come to think of it, I have not heard of an ACOG failing in the field.

Just my .02 and if someone can de-bunk it I may spend the $150 or whatnot to get me a throw-lever mount.

There was a thread at the start of the war where there were photos of a ACOG that was shot and saved a guys life.  ACOGs get shot.  Shot optics dont work.  Military guys dont "choose" to not have BUIS... they often did not have them issued, especially at the start of the war because of budgetary reasons.

Your line of thinking is a bad one IMO.
Top Top