Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2003 2:20:52 AM EDT
As always, thanks for looking

I'd like to throw a telestock on one of my prebans for my wife to shoot but I don't know which one is better. There are two distinct styles that I commonly see but I don't know which one is more durable, modern etc. Here are pics of the two I'm wondering about:

Style 1:

Style 2:

They both cost about the same. Style 1 looks like it's 4 position only, but I've seen 4, 6, and 7 position versions in the second style.

Which style is best?

Thanks in advance!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:55:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Having owned both, I much prefer the second style - more surface area to make contact with your shoulder and a slightly canted toe.

If the Magpul is in your budget though, it is the best stock out there.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:18:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I have both  of them, like using the second  one better, also like to add, the second  one doesnt look as generic, does wobble as much if any.

TG
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:57:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help guys. A Magpul certainly looks like it's built like a tank. If my wife expressed an interest in shooting regularly I'd spring for one, but she rarely shoots the fullsize rifles. Putting the collapsible on one of my 20" rifles is purely an experiment to see if she likes it [:)]

Normally she shoots the 16" carbine, and for that reason it has a reduced LOP entry stock.

Thanks again for your help. Now I just need to figure out which one I should buy-there are dozens of them out there, and they all look pretty much the same.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 8:16:47 AM EDT
[#4]
CJan_NH, I've owned both and currently have a Vltor on my preban.I prefer the Vltor over both styles because it's so much more solid and quiet.Between the 2 you have pictured, I preferred the 2nd style because it shouldered better and was a little quieter than the CAR stock.It also seemed stronger.If you're looking for a dealer for the M4 stocks, Adrenaline Arms sells the Cav Arms M4/socom stocks and Cory is a great guy to do business with.He's on the E&E.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top