Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/24/2004 9:00:37 PM EDT
OK I am looking to buy a few various AR's for quality all around use and now that we have anywhere from 60 days - 12 years (depending on who ends up in office but regardless we know this no ban wont last)

1)  I want a nice long range accurate shooter.  I was looking at the AR-10 T?  Great piece, .308 BUT I have an HK 91.  Do I really need the AR?  They are both heavy monsters.  For something long range shouldnt I just get a Remmington 700 for something long range as I already have the heavy 308 (AKA HK 91).  Id love to hear why an AR10 would still be a good purchase when I already have a nice 91?  Or "Hey you have a 91 you will fire?  Why go with anything else in .308?"

2) I really like the M4 type layout.  I already am getting a Colt LEO M4 which I will never fire and think it would be a waste of money to buy one of these just to fire.

3) I have an SP-1 which I do not want to fire anymore (its a very old beautiful piece)

OK
So, buying a couple toys to have, to shoot, to use for various applications and to enjoy what do you suggest?  (I kinda figured Id have to buy 3 pieces??? (one shorter type of a rifle with a adjustable stock, something in 223 with a fixed stock and lasty something for long range with a bi pod and all (hence why I was thinking of the AR-10T by Armalite)

My first choice of brands is Armalite BUT I am always open to suggestions, I am a silly little newbie and looking towards the gurus for their wisdom.

Money of course is an object BUT I am not trying to be cheap
I want quality pieces to fire and I want great pieces to invest in (I dont fire investments and I think the M4 LEOs  will be the best investment out there now for an AR)

Also I LOVE to buy local...
I pay cash.
Also, looking at a couple Glocks
IF you are in MI, are being reasonible with what you are selling and want Email me right away and please put AR 15 in the subject line.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:42:52 PM EDT
[#1]
What good is an investment if you aerent going to shoot it.If your gonna make the colt a safe queen buy something else to fire.And if money is an object I would probably skip on the 6920 unless your getting it for a good price.I like to collect but I like the collection to be reliable shooters,I would at least break the colt in,a few thousand rounds then get some thing to beat on and use the colt as a main line rifle.Just log the high round counts on a beater.As far as the no ban not lasting that I guess would depend on how lazy and complacent we get,we have to keep up the fight no matter what gains we win.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The 6920 is being bought to sit in my safe as I want to keep it that way.
I am not buying it to sell but its the only piece a civi can own which has M4 on it and I want that.

I think it will be a very in demand piece but thats not it...  Its something I want.  Very few pieces do I not fire but this will be one.

As I said Im not trying to be cheap (hell I am looking at Armalite)
I am trying to find what would best suit my overall needs.

I want something like an M4 to fire and enjoy with the collapsible stock (Armalite makes a nice version, but is it too much for something to really fire and use, or is it one of the best, buy it and enjoy it?)

I was thinking of an AR-10T BUT do I really need something like that when I have an HK91 or cant you compare the two?  Would I be better off with the Remmington 700 instead of a AR-10T as I already have the HK 91 or are they all three diffrent monsters?

or just get the 6920 to lock up, get a Armalite M4 and forget the AR-10 and Remington 700 as you have an HK 91 and a Kimber Montanna 8400 7MM wsm?

<<<HEY SORRY for posting so much recently and asking so many questions BUT I do not think we are going to be able to enjoy the time to purchase these true preban formats for long and LEO weapons.  IF the Dems take majority Bush said he will sign a bill about this.  Even worse if Kerry gets in office we are DEAD within 100 days.  I need to buy right, I want toys to last for life and quality. VOTE BUSH!  SUPPORT OUR TROOPS AND SUPPORT OUR RIGHTS TO OWN REAL FIREARMS!!!!!  THANK YOU!  Please feel free to Email me [email protected] and put AR 15 in the subject line.>>>
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:58:48 AM EDT
[#3]
+1
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top