Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/14/2003 9:21:21 AM EDT
Can some one please tell me which model will fit perfect on a M203? Im trying to buy one of these but dont know the background/tech about them.
Thanks for looking,

ARMS S.I.R. systems.#45 #46C, #50M, #58M, #59
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#1]
If you mean the conventional barrel hanging, the #45M and #45C, will allow them to hang the old way.
Jack
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 1:04:01 PM EDT
[#2]
So even if its a military model (#45M) which I thought they said the delta ring must be removed, how or to what will it mount and what is so different from the rest? such as size,the bulk,..etc. Please correct me if Im wrong,
Thanks Jack
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The M203 never attaches to the delta ring, only into the barrel nut and front provision on the barrel, so #45M or C makes no dif., the M203 goes up inside of the #45 SIR's and attaches to the weapon just like the SIR wasn't there.
The #45's are about 1/8" wider ea side to allow the launcher to mount in the conventional way.
The #45 hand guards channel are cut the same way as the slim lines, and the M203 mounts in free float fashion on all the models to include the #45, via alum. panels that look and act something like the hand guards except the bottom is clear to allow the bottom of the panel to attach to the M203.
Only the #45 allow dual mounting of free float and or conventional off the barrel. Right now ARMS only sell the panels to military customers.
Jack

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:48:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Jack,
Great breakdown!! awsome.Things make since now. I guess I will go for the #45M, hopefully my M203 will fit perfect without the bottom of the panel.
Thanks again,
Apeman8
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top