[#3]
I have Rifles from most of the manufacturers
Oly, ASA, Bushy, Colt, DPMS, PWA, Hesse

Top Spot?
Colt, Downside Price
Bushy, Upside Features @ Price

Last Place,
Hesse, Reason? two words "Customer Service"
Received a "MATCH" Barreled upper from them the gas block looked like it had been installed with a ball pein hammer, to ad insult to injury it was not seated all the way to the shoulder, and when I telephoned them well I got the "UPS did it" song and dance, I noted that the packaging was fine and that it was apparently shipped out that way, It then took about 2 weeks to get the Call tag out to me and then an additional week to get UPS to pick it up then 2 months to get my money back.....
I cannot judge them merely by this one incident but.....
the others are also rans all are good it just seems to me that My bushmasters are the best bang for the buck however in about a week that may change I will be purchasing a RRA rx to try out.....

ASA I personally have had few problems with either ASA rifle, Both were built from parts, all were the utmost quality, the Lowers and uppers were fine the Barrels were fine no problems

16" A2 HBAR with collapsible stock, it works for me
Short easy to handle very handy

Second choice A4 M4 Collapsible with ARMS super Ext Swan Sleeve Trijicon Reflex and factory handguards

Either Choice above would have a Boonie Packer
BP 43 Tactical Sling.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I am not sure that I can list all the various AR-15s that I have owned but I know that I have had at least three different Post-Ban Bushmasters, a pair of Pre-Ban Bushmasters, at least four Pre-Ban Colts including a Green Label R6600, a Blue Label R6551, a pair of blue label Match HBARs, and a Blue Label Lightweight Sporter.  Next I have owned one Olympic Arms post ban, and an Eagle Arms post ban.....

Now, which do I prefer...?  

That is very tough!  I really like Bushmaster because they have kept their lowers true!  I have never had a problem with ANY of my various AR-15s so there is really no reason for this preferance!  I do not recommend the Olympic Arms ONLY because I tried to buy something from them years ago and their customer service sucked and they will never see me say a positive thing about them!

As far as all of the Pre-ban Colts I have owned, the reason I have all the Blue-Label Colts is due to the fact that I had a RR Bushmaster M-16 and the presence of the Sear Block would have made using my various M-16 parts impossible!  This was for my own liability and legal protection as I had a great many spare NFA parts and I know I could argue to any court that there is no f-ing way that an M-16 part can be use with a blocked lower!  For that reason alone, I had sold all of my other ARs (Both Pre and Post Ban) and bought and sold Colt Pre-Bans until I have found the combination that I love!

My favorite AR-15... at least now... is the Blue Label Colts that combine all of the Mil-Spec features of the Bushmaster including the small pivot drilled for the detent, small trigger pins, and YES the sear block!  The sear block has not affected my ability to do anything I have ever wanted to do with these lowers including my beloved Jewell 2-stage triggers!  

Curently, I don't have an M-16 but I will replace it at some point in the future so I have no plans to go back to the unblocked pre-bans of the other manufacturers....  If I didn't want the M-16, then I think all the lowers are the same with minor differences in fit, finish, and color.  I am one of those guys that cares most about function and in as much I would take most anything at the right price... well except an Olympic!

Good Luck  
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:22:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I have the "ABC's" (Armalite, Bushmaster, and Colt), but my favorite is the Bushy.  GREAT product, NEVER a problem, GREAT customer service  ! ! May cost a little more, but believe you me, well worth it  ! !  Only complaint:  way cool catalog -- keeps me spending too much money  ! !
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I just assmebled a CAV-15 lower with an Armalite NM trigger group, and mated it with a
Rock River Arms, A4 Flattop upper with removable front sight. Went together with no problems and shoots really well with no malfunctions or failures in the first 90 rounds that I fired. Seems to be a winning combo. Not expensive either...which is good too!

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd have to say Rock River Arms, hands down.  Great quality, great price (customer service is a bit lacking sometimes), but their quality is super, IMO.

-Gloftoe
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 10:43:06 AM EDT
[#8]
remember your abc's

Armalite
Bushmaster
Colt
Dpms

Armalite upside = AR10 & AR50, some unique options not found elsewhere. Donside = I hate the olive color of their furniture.

Bushmaster upside = Cheaper than normal, great website service with loads of info, many great options, order from their website COD (except fireamrs of course) Downside = cant really think of any.

Colt upside = Well they are the original mfr., some nice guns. Downside =  very high price, very little info on their website, inability to order much of anything online from them, from pivot is a screw not a pin (who wants to have to use a screw driver?)

Dpms upside = Great guns, several options not offered elsewhere, a very diverse line of firearms, Lots of info on the website, great quality parts and guns. Downside = Like colt they are very high priced.

Link Posted: 10/12/2002 1:14:41 PM EDT
[#9]
BUSHMASTER
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top